Milled and Labeled Roulette Chips???? (1 Viewer)

Teggy

Straight
Reaction score
So I am thinking, just thinking at the moment of purchasing some Roulette chips for a possible custom mill and label project.

I am reaching out to the masses to see if this has been done before and how they came out. What are your thoughts on this since the diameter of the Roulettes are a bit larger. Do you mill away the hot stamp first then a smaller section to fit a label? Look for any help and or to see if anyone has done this already. Pictures would be great if you have them.
Thanks
Jon

You mean specifically Paulson chips with the Roulette mold, right? Maybe @Ethan has some insights....

You only mill once. Figure out how much you need to take out the hot stamp entirely - I'm betting it's probably 1" diameter or maybe even slightly larger. Then, design your sticker to comfortably fit in the recess you've produced. Some people prefer to use a sticker diameter that is slightly smaller than the recess, others prefer the same size for a tight fit.

For my THC project I've milled 15/16" diameter, so a laminated 7/8" diameter sticker will fit nicely inside with just a wee bit of visible space to the recess edge. Still in the middle of the milling process, so I have no final pictures.

You mean specifically Paulson chips with the Roulette mold, right? Maybe @Ethan has some insights....

You only mill once. Figure out how much you need to take out the hot stamp entirely - I'm betting it's probably 1" diameter or maybe even slightly larger. Then, design your sticker to comfortably fit in the recess you've produced. Some people prefer to use a sticker diameter that is slightly smaller than the recess, others prefer the same size for a tight fit.

For my THC project I've milled 15/16" diameter, so a laminated 7/8" diameter sticker will fit nicely inside with just a wee bit of visible space to the recess edge. Still in the middle of the milling process, so I have no final pictures.
Thank you for your insight. Yes, these would be Paulson Roulette Chips. I am curious as to what larger laminated labels would look like. Something tells me that the right fit or just like your doing with a 1” space might look really good. What are your thoughts on the Paulson Roulette Chips in general. Do you like the look and feel? Are they comparable to regular Paulson top hat cane mold chips?

Thank you for your insight. Yes, these would be Paulson Roulette Chips. I am curious as to what larger laminated labels would look like. Something tells me that the right fit or just like your doing with a 1” space might look really good. What are your thoughts on the Paulson Roulette Chips in general. Do you like the look and feel? Are they comparable to regular Paulson top hat cane mold chips?
Do you think the roulette mold is off putting?

Roulette molds have a weird effect that looks super flea bitten when not stacked perfectly upright. If you want minty, sexy, upright stacks... this isn't your project. If you like a fun hunt for chips that are hard to find, have Paulson feels but still reasonably priced... this is your ball game.

P.s. If the striped Paulsons in the upcoming chip room sale are your target... luck to you, me, and the rest to PCF. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

No, I don't think the roulette mold is off-putting. I was all on the lookout for these two years ago but they never came up in quantity, so I gave up and looked for THC solids instead. And now, two years later, after I've collected over 3000 THC solids to start my project, TheChipRoom comes along and has two consecutive sales with loads of roulette mold. Go figure.

I know everybody is going for those striped roulettes. But the primary and secondary solid roulettes are nothing to sneer at.

Why not do a "roulette" themed poker set? I remember the Discovery Cruise $1s had a roulette style inlay art.

I think you should totally go for it (ah, whaddaheck, I can even help you offload some of those THC solids to increase your fantastic new roulette budget!

Did you ever complete this project? Just curious.

Do you think the roulette mold is off putting?

I love my roulette mold chip set. I realize the mold isn’t for everyone, but me and my players love them.

FB514579-4470-4064-8777-C76EAA7E5FB8.jpegE0DA974D-0DFD-4514-949E-DF5A6227D8AD.jpeg1FAFCAB2-C01A-4531-8BC3-F3A9C0FBE170.jpeg773FA5A1-55C3-4381-B3FE-B0518E0B465C.jpegF2EEE02B-C348-4350-8E0E-EB02D5285FFB.jpeg31C47F24-D45A-4AE6-94B4-D7F3BB6544A3.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom