Mill Town Cash Set (1 Viewer)

Dodger

Flush
Reaction score
Introducing ... the Mill Town Cash Set.

First, many thanks to @timinater for the design work. I provided him with a little background and my rough draft and he knocked it out of the park. Tim was very easy to work with during the entire design process, provided a variety of versions/drafts, and was extremely patient with me and my questions/requests. I highly recommend Tim to anyone looking for design help.

Also, a big thank you to @Gear for the label printing. Not much needs to be said about him that the PCF community doesn’t already know. Fantastic to work with in all aspects!

I opted to put these custom labels on the 43mm Royal blanks from Apache.

E73221A4-A386-48F4-B089-1410414B621A.jpeg

This set is based on a town that has been defined by the local paper mill for over 135 years. The paper mill was originally commissioned and built in the 1880s to supply newsprint to The Oregonian. The surrounding town of Camas was actually built to service the mill and its workers - a “company town” in the full sense of the phrase. The town has grown and evolved over the years, and the paper mill is no longer the primary industry. However, the mill has made more than a mark on this area and even the local high school has taken on “The Papermakers” as their school mascot.

So, a little nod to the Papermakers with an alternate $5 label on the other side.

56FCF149-ACF3-4926-83E7-AFB9300D4A4E.jpeg

Fun fact: there is a crown on the “C” on the shirt of the Papermaker as the Crown Columbia Paper Company once owned the mill. So the crown mold was a nice match for these.

19040B51-FBF3-4BF4-AE5B-019C6B6761A9.jpeg

24D6BD9C-4173-48E5-8D37-DF16A1D1F38D.jpeg

Another fun fact: During WWII, the mill machine shops were converted to produce ship rudders for the war effort.

1EDD769F-AC1A-4A0D-AC90-5960F1CFE8D0.jpeg

I look forward to getting these into play.

well done sir. love the inlay color match with the edge spots. very nice! :tup:

My favorite is by far the $5. The blue matches so well and really pops! And the alternate back is fun and a nice nod to the town.

The pink on the $100 is a little more muted compared to the original Royal mockups. But Gear matched the ‘actual’ color well to the final manufactured version.

Also, now I can't live without a Camas Papermakers t-shirt!

Introducing ... the Mill Town Cash Set.

First, many thanks to @timinater for the design work. I provided him with a little background and my rough draft and he knocked it out of the park. Tim was very easy to work with during the entire design process, provided a variety of versions/drafts, and was extremely patient with me and my questions/requests. I highly recommend Tim to anyone looking for design help.

Also, a big thank you to @Gear for the label printing. Not much needs to be said about him that the PCF community doesn’t already know. Fantastic to work with in all aspects!

I opted to put these custom labels on the 43mm Royal blanks from Apache.

View attachment 346503

This set is based on a town that has been defined by the local paper mill for over 135 years. The paper mill was originally commissioned and built in the 1880s to supply newsprint to The Oregonian. The surrounding town of Camas was actually built to service the mill and its workers - a “company town” in the full sense of the phrase. The town has grown and evolved over the years, and the paper mill is no longer the primary industry. However, the mill has made more than a mark on this area and even the local high school has taken on “The Papermakers” as their school mascot.

So, a little nod to the Papermakers with an alternate $5 label on the other side.

View attachment 346505

Fun fact: there is a crown on the “C” on the shirt of the Papermaker as the Crown Columbia Paper Company once owned the mill. So the crown mold was a nice match for these.

View attachment 346506

View attachment 346507

Another fun fact: During WWII, the mill machine shops were converted to produce ship rudders for the war effort.

View attachment 346512

I look forward to getting these into play.

Beautiful! I hope to play with them someday! :)

Uh oh, we have some new additions to the Mill Town set.

3698C4DD-A863-41D4-B178-3076E77BC032.jpeg

C9D3D5FD-7F78-4425-A0B3-A00FE8598D4A.jpeg

669C893E-58D9-4CD3-985C-EAFA99E787EE.jpeg

DB63EBA6-025B-48E9-8C1D-313B9A60DE1E.jpeg

Thanks to @timinater for helping with the artwork and design. If you need a designer, Tim is your man.

And thanks to Kristil @BR Pro Poker for working with me during the ordering process. Very professional and super quick in her response time.

Can’t wait to share these with our players and get them in a live game when home games return.

Gotta love the colors of those chips. Apache did an amazing job with em. Your custom inlays go perfectly with them. Congrats on a fantastic set of chips.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom