Milano Chips (1 Viewer)

mh3268

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Are Milano chips considered the best start-up chips for new players? I have a small set and looking to expand it a bit. Just wanted some advise if its best to get a different set or keep on getting the milano chips?

Milanos are good, cheap china clay chips. Many members here have them or started with them. But don't add onto existing denominations because you'll get color inconsistency. Only expand with new denominations.

With that said, you can always do better. Cards Mold are some of the nicest cheap chips around (and way better than Milanos IMO). Also, my only set of China Clay chips is the Royals. They are the best of the best when it comes to CCs.

Milanos are good, cheap china clay chips. Many members here have them or started with them. But don't add onto existing denominations because you'll get color inconsistency. Only expand with new denominations.

With that said, you can always do better. Cards Mold are some of the nicest cheap chips around (and way better than Milanos IMO). Also, my only set of China Clay chips is the Royals. They are the best of the best when it comes to CCs.
So are the CC's getting better each year or run or is it hit and miss, or what?

on the Milano's

look at the Dallas poker store, they are in Lewisville, he carries them, free shipping and if you go in person and pay with cash he will negotiate with you a little bit

So are the CC's getting better each year or run or is it hit and miss, or what?
I personally don't think they're getting better just because of time and/or demand. The Royals were a special collaboration between Apache poker chip and a specific manufacturer in China. It took months and months of back and forth and planning and samples before the go-ahead was given to produce. And they are, by far, the finest China clay chips that I've ever felt. This is why they're better.

I personally don't think they're getting better just because of time and/or demand. The Royals were a special collaboration between Apache poker chip and a specific manufacturer in China. It took months and months of back and forth and planning and samples before the go-ahead was given to produce. And they are, by far, the finest China clay chips that I've ever felt. This is why they're better.
Are the Royals very similar to the Majestic?

I have bought Royals and Majestics over the last few months. I personally like the Majestics better but i'm going to try the Milanos. I don't care for the Milano labels, i'll probably peel them off and put on my own at some point. I don't care for the color scheme of the Royals, i thought the size would be cool (43mm) but they don't actually add anything in my opinion, and the price just went up probably due to demand and inflation problems. I like the majestics but only some of the color schemes, not all of them. I really like the color and edgemarks of the Milanos so i'm going to try it out.

Are Milano chips considered the best start-up chips for new players? I have a small set and looking to expand it a bit. Just wanted some advise if its best to get a different set or keep on getting the milano chips?
I don't know whether I'd say they are "the best for new players" because everybody likes different things, and is willing to spend different amounts for what they like.
My opinion (worth what you paid for it) is that Milanos are the best choice for new chips at that price point. But they have a specific characteristic that I really like in cc chips - i.e., their labels are not excessively large - which others might not care so much about.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom