Microcash Set Breakdown (1 Viewer)

PokerDots

Straight
Reaction score
Hi,

As I am fairly new and looking to build a new set, could anyone give me some advice on the breakdown of denominations?

Looking to build a microcash set for about 5-8 people with a buy in of $30-$50.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

10/20/20/10 per denom per player is a good benchmark target for most games. Adjust as needed for your particular player/game style.

So if 5c/10c for ten players, then:

100 x 5c
200 x 25c
200 x $1
100 x $5
--------------
600 chips

For 8 players at 25c/50c:

80 x 25c
160 x $1
160 x $5
80 x $20
---------------
480 chips

Hi,

As I am fairly new and looking to build a new set, could anyone give me some advice on the breakdown of denominations?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/majestic-cc-cash-set.53220/

Very good deal on a set I'm still trying to resist buying at such a good price. Depending on your needs may want to add more 5c to it unless you are already at 25c/25c or 25c/50c, in which case it's just right if even if more chips than you are looking for to start.

You can price check them at:
apachepokerchips.com

I think BG gave you a pretty good breakdown on the smaller end, but stock nickels are pretty hard to find these days.

Personally. I think 0.25-0.25 30max is a good game to build with these parameters.

The quarters would really only get use on the first one or two streets so you don't need to get a ton. I would focus on the singles.

I think 100*0.25, 300*1, 200*5 and you are good for both 0.25-0.25 and 0.25-0.50 blinds.

I like 300 singles better than 200 because that means players will be able to average two barrels each (I guess not quite in the case of 8 players) before dipping in the fives. I think a bank of 1325 covers single table 0.25-0.50 comfortably, but you could swap out some fives for twenties or twenty-fives if you want.

Last edited:
Thank you guys so much for your advice! It has given me a better picture of what I'm looking for! Still in the process of planning but I'm not in a hurry to get it. What would your best starter china clays recommendation? I was considering Milanos but I have not tried Majestic/Royals from Apache Poker as shipping from US to Singapore is insanely expensive (basically paying double) I would appreciate if you could share your experience with me! (Or do let me know if it is really worthwhile to pay for sample sets)

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/majestic-cc-cash-set.53220/

Very good deal on a set I'm still trying to resist buying at such a good price. Depending on your needs may want to add more 5c to it unless you are already at 25c/25c or 25c/50c, in which case it's just right if even if more chips than you are looking for to start.

You can price check them at:
apachepokerchips.com

I saw it too! Was really tempting for me as well but I wouldn't know what to do with so many chips.

Is $30-50 initial buy-in, then players rebuy? If so, I’d skip the nickels and play .25/.25.

If that’s the total amount with rebuys, I’d play 5¢/10¢.

I’d probably do:
5¢ x 100 (optional)
25¢ x 200
$1 x 200
$5 x 100 (200 if you want to “future-proof your game)

Maybe add a barrel of $20’s or $25’s.

You could probably get by with 100 quarters, but more is better. :)

Is $30-50 initial buy-in, then players rebuy? If so, I’d skip the nickels and play .25/.25.

If that’s the total amount with rebuys, I’d play 5¢/10¢.

I’d probably do:
5¢ x 100 (optional)
25¢ x 200
$1 x 200
$5 x 100 (200 if you want to “future-proof your game)

Maybe add a barrel of $20’s or $25’s.

You could probably get by with 100 quarters, but more is better. :)

Nice this looks like a very reasonable breakdown for me. If I leave out the 5¢ just wondering if 3 denominations are too few? Players rarely rebuy so I don't think it is much of a problem.

Nice this looks like a very reasonable breakdown for me. If I leave out the 5¢ just wondering if 3 denominations are too few? Players rarely rebuy so I don't think it is much of a problem.
No, three denoms will be fine. The 200/200/100 breakdown is $750 total bank, which seems like it’s enough for your current game. So, if you get more fives, or some twenties, it would just be to expand your bank in case your game grows, either in number of players, or how “splashy” the game gets.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom