Micro Stakes Chash game: Starting Stack advice needed! (1 Viewer)

Mr_Y3RAC

Straight
Reaction score
Hello guys!
I was wondering what the best starting Stack would be for a .05/.10 Cahs game with the following denoms:
175x.05
175x.25
100x1
Also have 50x5

We usually play with 10$ to 20$ Buy-Ins

You probably don’t want 175 nickels in play at a single table - 100 is plenty. Easiest thing is to give a barrel each to the first 5 people to sit down (20/20/4-14), with subsequent players getting 0/20/5-15 until you run out of 1s. Reloads with 5s.

I agree with @msuroo.

Of course, it can depend how your group plays. In my game, many opens are to 50¢, and a lot of hands, the only nickels in the pot are blinds. Nickels are never used post flop. 6-8 nickels per player would likely be plenty. Maybe you game will have more limped pots, or min raises to 20¢, maybe even post flop bets of 40¢, 60¢, etc. and more nickels would be needed. My game used to be more like this, but has evolved.

Just give everybody $20 worth for a $20 buyin. After about two orbits look at what everyone has and then base your next starting breakdown on that. They’ll ask for change, etc.... for the first few orbits then everyone should have adjusted their stacks enough to be playing smooth. Then you know what to use for YOUR game.

I also don't bother with starting stacks, per se. Most people don't buy in for the same amount, so there's no reason presetting everything. The first people who get chips get a full stack of fracs/blind chips, until I run out. I usually only use a rack of those chips, but it depends how your game plays. More passive players might appreciate more fracs as they will be used more often if there are not a lot of raises happening preflop.

Everyone gets a barrel of the next chip, and then whatever is left in the buy in is covered by the next chip.

So assuming 100bb buyins, my first 5 players get:

20 x $.25
20 x $1
5 x $5

All the rest get:

20 x $1
6 x $5

Then players can just get change from their neighbors.

Ok thanks alot for your input, i really apreciate it! Never actually thought about just giving higher denom chips to players that come late and letting them change it at the tabel. Next time, after this shitty virus thing is over, I will try it.

Will the amount of chips I listed above be enough for a full table, or where do you guys see the limit of that set?

Will the amount of chips I listed above be enough for a full table, or where do you guys see the limit of that set?

Depends entirely on how spashy your players are. It's a ~400 dollar bank - have you ever had more than that on the table before? If yes, then the set maybe isn't quite big enough, ha. Adding more quarters and dollars will help minimize change-making at the table, and adding 5s (and potentially a few 20/25s) will make sure the total bank is large enough (and future proof against a growth in stakes).

It seems like you might to add more 25c chips. More chips is always a good thing. You know your chash game better than anyone here and having some 5s will probably have you covered if shit gets crazy at your cahs game. Good luck on the hunt!

But I think a bank of 400$ should be plenty since my players are usually not that keen on playing with "higher" stakes.

100x $0.05
200x $0.25
160x $1
40x $5

Bank: $415

500 chips, see how your budget spreads with this.

Unfortunately, going clay will probably mean customizing your own $0.05 and $0.25, because original chips of those denominations can be very expensive. There may be some good ceramic options, though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom