Micro PCF MI Meet-up (ChaosRock, Detroitdad & Mike32)

ChaosRock

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since the three of us are just aching too much for not being able to be at the MTTD2, we decided to drown our sorrows tonight in poker and whiskey... Some good friends (hopefully future PCFers) will join us and we should have a full table+ until the wee hours...

Per request, we're using the Stardust Mansion cash set... First time I'm putting the 25¢ in play and I hope their white labels and salmon color will be enough to differentiate them from the red birds... Report back tomorrow...

Here's a few quick pictures of the set before placing them on a prime spot in my chip/bank box behind me for easy access:

ecBFnTE.jpg

B5rJ0X3.jpg
pv7pkIP.jpg
3oz2lhU.jpg
NlNjWvT.jpg
eXBF5k7.jpg
LU58Rum.jpg
syFMF7R.jpg
AbYbJfp.jpg

Last edited:

detroitdad

Royal Flush
Reaction score
I like the greenies better myself... I don't care about my buy-in composition but hopefully by night end I'll have them all!!! ;)

those are pretty nice. The clean look of the ones does it for me. Don't get me wrong. I'm hoping to have a barrel of the 25's in my stack before the end of the night!!!!

What whiskey are we cracking open?

I hope to be there by 7 with a sixer of Bells Two Hearted and flowers for the wifey.

We getting those Modiano's into play? :) :) :) :)

ChaosRock

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whiskey wise, let's play by ear... I know you're the 'planning' guy but I'm more like the, duh, Chaos guy! ;)

We can either do the new Modianos (thank you again!) or we could do the Fournier WSOPs... If you haven't tried those I think you'll like them... I'll let you pick!

And you're right, kudos to the Mrs. for letting me hang out with you degens even though she hasn't seen me in a week!!

O4XR5hV.jpg

Last edited:

detroitdad

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Whiskey wise, let's play by ear... I know you're the 'planning' guys but I'm more like the, duh, Chaos guy! ;)

We can either do the new Modianos (thank you again!) or we could do the Fournier WSOPs... If you haven't tried those I think you'll like them... I'll let you pick!

And you're right, kudos to the Mrs. for letting me hang out with you degens even though she hasn't seen me in a week!!

drink wise, I'm good with about anything. Fournier's are very solid. I don't think I've used the WSOP ones. I'm game.

I've had two really good sessions (drinking and profit). I'm concerned tonight that I'm due for a big hit :) Of course, as long as roney isn't running hot it should be fun :) :) :)

damn I can't wait to play cards.

ChaosRock

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, Roney will be here for sure (and he might be even reading this thread!)... We played Friday with a few friends and he just owned me that time around!!! I had second best ALL NIGHT LONG... Just absolutely brutal... I had to grind hard to finish down only 2 buy-ins... So as you can imagine, I have revenge in mind tonight!! ;)

mike32

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everything looks mighty fine to me, beautiful chips and cards. I am just going to shoot north on Telegraph from work should be easy. If I get there a little early can I have a mini chip collection viewing, I hear it is damn impressive.

ChaosRock

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah Mike, Telegraph should work, give me a holler if you need more directions... You can either do Tel. to 12th Mile and North on Southfield road or Tel to Maple and south on Southfield road...

Absolutely man! It will be my pleasure showing you my chips! We'll for sure hear the degens going: Stop d!cking around and let's play some phucking poker, but it's totally fine with me! :)

ChaosRock

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolutely Tommy, of course... And if you need specific shots just let me know... Looking forward to seeing the site! :)

detroitdad

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Got home at 10 am this morning. Thanks for letting me crash for a couple of hours.

I made a decent profit on the night. My chip stack was on a roller coaster ride for a bit. Started with 100, went to 175, down to 40

peaked at (the picture does not do the $25 chip justice)

20150516_032616_zpsae7t7pns.jpg

ended with a 260 profit. Great company, great whiskey, an awesome dog.

20150516_020533_zpsvfplet6p.jpg

brianb1091

Sitting Out
Reaction score

Having a blast, thanks Mr and Mrs Chaos rock

I see a bottle of High West (is it their Rye?) on the middle shelf, have you guys tasted that one yet? I seem to have an affinity for Rye's and I bottle of bottle of High West to try but havn't cracked it open yet. Curious as to anyone's thoughts on it.

ChaosRock

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great as always having you guys over Bill!! Lots and lots of fun for sure... We really have a great game going... Great people, good money on the table, awesome dynamics, etc...

I went to bed at 6am and my wife was like, 'Do you mind taking Bubbles out and feeding her in the morning since the guys are crashing here?' I was like, 'Honey, I just did! Sun is up already!' :confused:

Differently than yours, my stack was always within a variance of ½ buy-in... Card dead all, night, long! Tried and tried to make moves but it's not that easy when the table does not know the meaning of folding at all... Isolation pre-flop raise? I don't think we had a 3 or 4 bet hand with less than 4 players seeing the flop! :) Okay, exaggerating a bit...

Anyways, ended up finishing the night +$150 which is not that bad given how my night went card-wise... Couple of guys left with brand new nice chip sets worth in their pockets... Glad John finally had a great profit night... ;)

Again, wife thanks you for the flowers!!!

BRD6wK3.jpg

And Bubbles, oh Bubbles, she absolutely LOVES poker nights... That's her favorite for sure!!! Every time I'm arranging chips and cards her eyes start to shine and she just runs around the house waiting for you guys...

I thought the salmon quarters were okay to play with... Not perfect by any means but through out the night we might have had maybe a couple of confusion instances... And it was the first time the guys were using the set as well... I think I'd give the quarter a 6.5 playability rate... Set is pretty awesome to play with in general though... Chips feel fantastic...

Lets' get something going again once I'm back from Vegas man...

Last edited:

ChaosRock

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see a bottle of High West (is it their Rye?) on the middle shelf, have you guys tasted that one yet? I seem to have an affinity for Rye's and I bottle of bottle of High West to try but havn't cracked it open yet. Curious as to anyone's thoughts on it.

Love the High Wests!! They might be my favorite Rye whiskeys out there... That's a close bottle of Rendezvous but I had others before... The Rendezvous and the Straight Rye are my favorite offerings from HW... I know Rye is not that popular anymore, apart from mixing cocktails, but for the Rye lovers, HW is the way to go imo...

mike32

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First class all the way for Paulo. So cool to have a se Michigan game like we do. I had to leave it early for an all day lacrosse tournament but I had fun. We went 3-1 in the lax tournament today.

ChaosRock

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First class all the way for Paulo. So cool to have a se Michigan game like we do. I had to leave it early for an all day lacrosse tournament but I had fun. We went 3-1 in the lax tournament today.

Congrats on the lacrosse tourney Mike!!!

Awesome having you over! It really was a good game, lots of fun... The music convo would be right up @jbutler alley, LOL!!!

Let's see if we can get another game going soon man...

detroitdad

Royal Flush
Reaction score
I'm going to be hosting a couple of times in June, wife is out of town.

When are you going to Vegas

ChaosRock

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome Bill!!

I'll be in Vegas from the 28th to the 6th and maybe last week of June although it's looking less likely (there again in Sep with my brother)...

If you're hosting after the 6th, what we could do Bill is to have a Friday night game at your place and a Saturday game at mine... Maybe we could have some other PCFers attending as well, sort of a mini meet-up... Just an idea...

detroitdad

Royal Flush
Reaction score
My wife is out of state from June 11th through June 22nd.

I'm hosting a league game on the 13th (your on the back up list, email should be going out soon if there is any openings. Its a first come first serve for the back ups).

I could host a cash game on the 12th, or play in one.

Then I'm going to host a cash game on Friday the 19th (June) and I could play again on the 20th.

I just want to try and get a couple of hosting games in while I still have a basement :)

Top Bottom