Found MGM Grand Detroit $1s ($300/rack) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some needed less than a half barrel to complete a rack. I went to the cage at the poker room and bought three racks and sorted through them at an empty table, finding the best chips I could and retuning the rest. Neither the cage nor the floor had an issue.

The reason they don't give out $1s in the poker room as that it slows the game and keeps the pots smaller. They want the $5 to be the workhorse.

More rake is better (for them).
May I ask how long ago was this ?

Also you just walked upto the cage and asked for 3 racks of $1s and they didnt say anything ? Id love to be able to get a rack or two for myself but again seemed like they knew what I was doing just getting like 25 nice chips while sitting down at hold em for 6hrs lol

May I ask how long ago was this ?

Also you just walked upto the cage and asked for 3 racks of $1s and they didnt say anything ? Id love to be able to get a rack or two for myself but again seemed like they knew what I was doing just getting like 25 nice chips while sitting down at hold em for 6hrs lol
Within the last two years.

Because I only needed eight-ish chips, I started on the floor. The pit boss of a table area told me I'd have better luck in the poker room. I first talked to the poker room floor, and he walked me over to the cage, where I bought three racks and sat down at a empty poker table to sort.

Within the last two years.

Because I only needed eight-ish chips, I started on the floor. The pit boss of a table area told me I'd have better luck in the poker room. I first talked to the poker room floor, and he walked me over to the cage, where I bought three racks and sat down at a empty poker table to sort.
That's a cool ass pit boss.

Buy chips at a table "for drinks" (like 10 x $1) and take them to the cage to cash out. Ask the teller if she has any quarters. She'll usually sell them to you. Tip her (for the next guy).

Hit multiple cages and you can get 10 or 12 if you're lucky. I built two racks that way.

Buy chips at a table "for drinks" (like 10 x $1) and take them to the cage to cash out. Ask the teller if she has any quarters. She'll usually sell them to you. Tip her (for the next guy).

Hit multiple cages and you can get 10 or 12 if you're lucky. I built two racks that way.
Please let me know if you ever decide to sell your racks. ;) And thanks again for all of the great tips!

Sold long ago.
Darn
baby-run.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom