MGM Closing 3 Poker Rooms (1 Viewer)

First game I ever played when I turned 21 was at the 5/10 limit game at the Mirage. Haven't been back in some time, but sad to hear it go. Also always saw that the Excal game was packed with fish, but also never went there.

Obviously people like me who say "haven't been in forever" are the reasons they close down, but still sad to see the general poker scene consolidate even more.

My biggest cash game score was playing 1/2 PLO at Mirage. I still have a chip from the session. Sad to hear.

Saw this coming super nostalgic for me as well. Was lucky to swoop some more here Monday. Never did find racks of 5s.

Sucks. Lots and lots of memories in the Mirage room. Wish I could have gotten there for a farewell session.

Sad to hear. I remember when the Mirage was one of the cool new places on the strip. (volcano). Played poker there a few times too. Hate to say that there may be more casualties to come. However, Vegas and poker will endure!

Sad to hear. I remember when the Mirage was one of the cool new places on the strip. (volcano). Played poker there a few times too. Hate to say that there may be more casualties to come. However, Vegas and poker will endure!
Yeah, I'm curious to see what happens with Bally's, Flamingo, and Harrah's. Three Caesar's properties right next to each other on the center strip and each has its own relatively modest poker room. I wouldn't be shocked if we see those consolidated down into one larger room.

Yeah, I'm curious to see what happens with Bally's, Flamingo, and Harrah's. Three Caesar's properties right next to each other on the center strip and each has its own relatively modest poker room. I wouldn't be shocked if we see those consolidated down into one larger room.
I believe Harrah room did not reopen. Ballys could be the next casualty. Flamingos room should survive. Great name, reputation, and great location relative to strip foot traffic.

I loved The Mirage poker room and that’s where I always played when I was in Vegas. Sad. Sort of like the Taj. When I lived in New Jersey, I played there all the time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom