Metallic Silver THC solid - Are they out there in quantity? (1 Viewer)

Benjaminotaur

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
I’m thinking hard about a metallic silver chip for a THC solid set I’m building, but I see almost zero past ads talking about them. Are they a unicorn? I’d be looking for a couple racks when it’s all said and done.

Anybody ever come across these in the wild?

Yeah, I’ve seen those golds pop up every now and again. They look pretty great too!

I would have thought the metallics would have gone hand in hand, and you’d see them pop up in a lot of sets.

Orleans Las Vegas live $1s are Metallic Silver, but they aren't solid (they have white 3V spots) and are on the Boyd gaming mold. Harvestable.
I’m guessing this would probably be a cheaper option. Not that I need an excuse to go to Vegas, but it doesn’t hurt!

Do you really expect to drop that kind of bomb without pictures??? Where’s the pr0n, man?
75B6923C-1456-45B2-A4F0-33F38832A7BE.png

Do you really expect to drop that kind of bomb without pictures??? Where’s the pr0n, man?
I was affeaid you would say that! That set is at the bottom of this
20220101_131737.jpg

And the only pictures I have... they look gold.
20200423_180446.jpg

20200804_154325.jpg

Here they look regular Gray, but they are absolutely metallic silver, they have like a silver glitter in them, unfortunately I built that one a couple years ago and deleted all the up close pics.

But if I must I will get it out tomorrow in the daylight and post some pictures. Anything for the Benjamin Dino!

I was affeaid you would say that! That set is at the bottom of this
View attachment 884212
This. This is the definition of pr0n. Dead sexy!! o_O

I certainly don’t want to make more work for you, and it’s not a giant rush by any means. if you happen to be grabbing something near that side of the pile though, I sure would appreciate it!

Well... you can kind of see it here, looks wet but haven't oiled them in two years.
20220325_185243.jpg

That's the "liquid metallic"effect I reference. Also it's like a geode in the flea bite, again hard to capture but you can see the metal flecks glimmering.

From the top
20220325_184811.jpg

Again really difficult to capture but beautiful in person.

@FordPickup92 is trying too! Lol

@Ben8257 @FordPickup92 Between the two of you, I have all the evidence I need! There seems to be some real chemistry and teamwork between you. Seems like it might be a good match.

Those are really nice looking chips! It makes me wonder even more why more of them weren’t make. Seems crazy to me.

Now I just have to track some down. Should be a piece of cake!

@Ben8257 @FordPickup92 Between the two of you, I have all the evidence I need! There seems to be some real chemistry and teamwork between you. Seems like it might be a good match.

Those are really nice looking chips! It makes me wonder even more why more of them weren’t make. Seems crazy to me.

Now I just have to track some down. Should be a piece of cake!
I bought that set in the Ilse Giradeau sale a couple years ago from @TheChipRoom , only a few T5ks were in each set sold from my memory but I was lucky and asked. Jim had almost a whole rack spare and I think I bought them all. I also bought several of the sets he sold from other chippers to get the T1ks and still don't have enough, so I got extra 5ks. We ca that one the Halloween set because the 500 and 1k are reversed from normal colors, I have lots of 500s,so unconventional but the idea is to start with 16/16/16 (green, black, orange) for a T10k tourney. Then woth rebuys and chip ups bring in the 1 and 5ks. Again different but I think it would be cool!

So Mayne more out there, but I don't think very many.

Good luck with the hunt!!

if that really is metallic silver makes me wonder how many other chips were mislabelled as grey.

View attachment 884731

I’ll have to check to see if these guys sparkle….
I have many Grey solid fracs, they look nothing like the Metalic Silvers honestly, in person the silvers really do Shine. That one looks just like our 5ks, I bet it's metallic silver

I bought that set in the Ilse Giradeau sale a couple years ago from @TheChipRoom , only a few T5ks were in each set sold from my memory but I was lucky and asked. Jim had almost a whole rack spare and I think I bought them all. I also bought several of the sets he sold from other chippers to get the T1ks and still don't have enough, so I got extra 5ks. We ca that one the Halloween set because the 500 and 1k are reversed from normal colors, I have lots of 500s,so unconventional but the idea is to start with 16/16/16 (green, black, orange) for a T10k tourney. Then woth rebuys and chip ups bring in the 1 and 5ks. Again different but I think it would be cool!

So Mayne more out there, but I don't think very many.

Good luck with the hunt!!
I totally see it now! I didn’t catch it before that the denoms were reversed. I kinda like it! Is that going to be the new thing? A chip set for every holiday? Maybe that’s what Paulson was thinking when they put out some of those fantasy sets. Presidents’ Day. Flag Day. I hear Arbor Day was about to drop before they shut doors to the public.

I can certainly appreciate the effort you went through to gather all those up. Sometimes nothing else will do!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom