Mention Notifications (1 Viewer)

horseshoez

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Not sure if anybody else experiences or experienced this in the past but I receive no notifications when mentioned in a thread. I've tried practically everything and still no success. Anybody know the fix?

Click on your profile and then Go to preferences then go half way down...

BA93AEC4-D45A-40F8-B007-5808312E1F05.png

Are you looking for push notifications? If so, your application (chrome on my case) must be told to accept it.

Screenshot_20200808-134246.png

This has happened to me in the Spinetti's thread when they have tagged me in a post, I don't always get a notification, (but I watch the thread anyway, so I usually see new posts), but my notifications have worked for other threads.

Freakin frustrating. I’ve missed out on tons of stuff simply because I don’t get the email when I’m tagged.

@horseshoez

Just thought I would try a tag in your thread to see what happens. Notification for just the addition to watched thread? Or maybe the tag worked?

I turned off email notifications, and I'm not sure I ever got an email when tagged, but I get a notification on the website when tagged. I just log on and check PCF notifications anyway, instead of checking email for notifications.

I turned off email notifications, and I'm not sure I ever got an email when tagged, but I get a notification on the website when tagged. I just log on and check PCF notifications anyway, instead of checking email for notifications.

Those work normally. Just no emails. Only when someone replies to a thread I've watched.

According to my device, PCF is the only thing I get notifications for, and I average 60 per day. Somehow that seems low :whistle: :whistling:

But, I don't think I've ever signed up for email notifications

Not even. Just the regular email notifications. I get emails when someone replies to a thread I’m watching, but no email if someone mentions me in a thread.

I have the exact same behavior. Just like you, I didn’t realize until I missed out a few days ago (I’m new to PCF).

I don’t have that problem, but for some reason I only get notifications/alerts for some (not all) of the threads I watch. I can’t figure out why.

Last edited:
So from what I understand so far is that 1) the email notifications are only when you’re in a thread. Mentions won’t trigger an email but they’ll trigger an alert on the top right as opposed to an email alert.

I’m with @windwalker , PCF needs a native app. Would be pretty epic to browse different parts of the site via app, engage in conversations via internal messenger, etc.

I’m with @windwalker , PCF needs a native app. Would be pretty epic to browse different parts of the site via app, engage in conversations via internal messenger, etc.

Maybe if every supporting member committed a certain amount of dollars into a development fund, a development firm could use the exact same UX/UI to create a native app version. It would make things so much easier. I bet they could import all the old member data into the app infrastructure as well.

I don’t have that problem, but for some reason I only get notifications for some (not all) of the threads I watch. I can’t figure out why.
I have found that if I don't stay up to date/current on the threads I follow then I no longer get notifications. For example, if I get a notification, click on the thread, but don't scroll to the last post/most current post of the thread, I no longer get notifications for that thread.

Also, if there is a notification alert and I only click on the bell icon without going to the actual thread, notifications stop for that thread.

YMMV but the above has been my experience.

Maybe if every supporting member committed a certain amount of dollars into a development fund, a development firm could use the exact same UX/UI to create a native app version. It would make things so much easier. I bet they could import all the old member data into the app infrastructure as well.

I think this still a rather expensive endeavor. While an app would be good I think the site works really well on mobile. I have no complaints... especially compared to every other chipping website which was made 25yrs a go in the geocities days.

I think the site works really well on mobile. I have no complaints...

I totally agree. Was just thinking it would be game changing to set Native notifications on new classifieds that match specific keywords etc.

wishful thinking :)

Agree, however as @Eloe2000 mentioned, would be rather expensive. Still an awesome thought of having PCF as its own app especially since with the right development, would essentially function the same as other social media apps out there; I.e. Friend lists, classifieds/marketplace, vendor pages, etc. Would be really cool.

I totally agree. Was just thinking it would be game changing to set Native notifications on new classifieds that match specific keywords etc.

wishful thinking :)

I wonder if we have any app developers in here who could give a sense of how big that project would be.

I actually dig how well this works via mobile, despite only being on laptop/PC these days.

I doubt there's much of a push for this, but if there was any interest down the road, I can come back with costs come January as well. It'd be from a development company that just built a membership software, so should be pretty spot on.

Real question, is there something up lately with notifications? Even on site, I don't have notifications coming through on the bell.

I have threads that are watched being commented and such on, but no notifications popping up. Seems a bit more than normal. Was wondering if it was just possibly people who had blocked me and therefore maybe I don't get notifications from them posting, but it's a bunch of people (I mean, I guess I could just be blocked by a bunch of people!)

Real question, is there something up lately with notifications? Even on site, I don't have notifications coming through on the bell.

I have threads that are watched being commented and such on, but no notifications popping up. Seems a bit more than normal. Was wondering if it was just possibly people who had blocked me and therefore maybe I don't get notifications from them posting, but it's a bunch of people (I mean, I guess I could just be blocked by a bunch of people!)
No I’m having the exact same issue. I only get alerts for certain threads I watch and not others. No clue why.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom