Mentality after submitting a Custom CPC Order (1 Viewer)

Please let me know that I'm not crazy and the only one on this. I submitted my CPC order a few weeks back and every few days I go back to the design tool and wonder if I should make changes. I'm happy with the colors and inlay design, it's just so easy to obsess over this process and wonder if there's something that I can make better. It's a 1,100 chip order and a good chunk of money. Just want to make sure that it's perfect.

Anyone else in the same mental boat?
It took me over a year to come up with the theme for my custom CPCs I wanted. Once I was set on a theme then I spent my time on the designer tool coming up with color and spot designs. Once I had gotten feedback on the forum and fixed any dirty stack issues and had positive feedback on my chips I placed the order and never thought about changing the chip design. Before I ordered I thought about not having enough fancier level edge spots, but then I thought to myself screw it these are my Chips and I like them and it is my money. I had already spent enough money and went well above my budget so I didn’t think about making any changes. And besides I didn’t want to get yelled at by David for making any changes.LOL

My biggest issue is I ordered these Chips in December of 2019 right before the pandemic. They were delayed so long that in waiting I made a custom ceramic set and a semi-custombhybrid set and got them before my CPCs arrived.

If the inlay / label design were very meaningful, would you make the chips different front and back (i.e. one side with the denomination and the other with the full artwork without denomination, enjoying more real estate)
This is a very underused design aesthetic.

This is a very underused design aesthetic.
I 'm split, man, and I 've been torturing friends, crew, PCF connoisseurs and myself, about that.
And their opinions are split 50-50.
The truth is it's about a set with heretical chip colors (creative Cali, not even standard Cali), so the functionality argument about having the denom on both sides is very strong.

I just went through this myself. I ordered DIASQR mold chips on April 19th of this year. I *just* asked David to change edge spot colors on my set lol. It happens.

I do really think the advice given is super solid, though. Once I placed my order, the only way to stop obsessing was to get rid of my CPC color samples.

I am definitely the minority.
I designed my set in a week and never thought about it again.

I think about different inlays and new designs all the time, but no 2nd thoughts on the set I bought.

Obviously just the inlay, but this is my STC tribute set.... Bitch is that I took so long that the scrown mold is over a year out but wont change a thing! but have been a little obsessive on yellow or red denom.
1631299265711.png
1631299412425.png

I 'm split, man, and I 've been torturing friends, crew, PCF connoisseurs and myself, about that.
And their opinions are split 50-50.
The truth is it's about a set with heretical chip colors (creative Cali, not even standard Cali), so the functionality argument about having the denom on both sides is very strong.

I've done numerical denom one one side and text denom on the other (ceramic). In 5 languages.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom