Memorable NLHE Moments (1 Viewer)

Mojo1312

Full House
Reaction score
Wednesday before last down to final four in a single table NLHE tournament, Hero is dealt :ah::jh: in the BB. Action limps around. Hero raises. UTG (Big Stack) announces he is all-in. Button calls. SB (short stack) tanks, eventually finding the fold. Hero also gets out of the way.

UTG waiting in the weeds with A/K off-suit got caught by the button who limped in with pocket queens. Board ran out 5,6,8,9 x. (Not in that order) Queens held. SB retrieves his hand and flips over pocket sevens.

:ah::jh: fourth best.

Very next hand Hero (SB) is dealt pocket tens and raises again. Cut-off, who is now the big stack, moves all in. Hero ponders for a few seconds before folding his hand face up. Cut-off flips over pocket aces.

Couple evenings earlier playing dealer's choice: $1/$1 NLHE, Omaha-Hi or CP in a local cash game, Villain (64BB's) who thinks Live at the Bike is great and rarely misses a straddle opportunity when NLHE is dealt and he is the first to act tells the dealer he will straddle if NLHE is dealt. Dealer turns to Hero and asks will he double straddle. (Hero on the other hand rarely straddles, maybe once or twice a session. Usually for the hell of it or if he is feeling bored.) Hero replies "No, that is crazy."

BB looks at Hero and grins. Villain catches Hero grinning back at BB. He opts to straddle for $5 instead of his normal $3. Hero acts pre-occupied while the cards are dealt. He then throws out two $5 chips when Villain brings to his attention that the action is on him. Button and SB fold. BB calls. $31 in the pot. Villain jams for $54.

Hero looks down at 8,9 off-suit. Not exactly the best hand to call the Villain's all-in, however, Hero is up $210 and decides to gamble. BB folds. $139 in the pot. Villain quickly asks Hero if he wants to run it twice. Hero declines. Villain then asks Hero what does he have and turns over J,9 off-suit. Villain stands up and claps his hands one time when Hero shows 8,9. He then lights up like Christmas morning in a pinball arcade upon seeing 3,J,6, on the flop. Two of the three cards are diamonds. Hero is the only one holding a diamond and needs runner, runner to win. The turn card is a 7. Button burns the last card and flips over the river, exposing the :tc:.

Hero's hand: $139. Villain's expression? Priceless.

Last edited:
Reading about the raid that took place in VA. Link: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/whats-missing-here.47713/#post-889363

Remembered this hand from mid 2015, the year after I moved. Hero made it to the final two in a STT with the dominant chip stack. (8 players, paid top two.) Very early in heads up play Hero raises with AD,2D. Villain calls. Flop comes A,3D,5D. Hero decides to bet vs slow playing. Villain calls. Hero c-bets again on the turn, even though it is a brick. To his surprise, villain comes over the top.

Hero really didn't credit Villain with flopping a set, he wonders if Villain flopped/turned top two or has an Ace with a better kicker. Too much equity for Hero to fold. He figured he could still win if the Villain had a better Ace by catching a four or a diamond on the river.

Villain flipped over three/five off-suit. Hero couldn't believe his eyes. Often stoic, Hero stood up and called for a diamond. Villain did not disappoint, sealing his own fate.

Crazy that both of us smashed the flopped.

My favorite was at a spread limit table.
Hero is dealt 2s 3s. Table has 3 players before hero pay min bet fo 2$ to see the flop. Hero decides to call in suited connectors.
Flop come As 4s 5o.
Villain does max raise of 10 hero also max raises, fo rest of table folds. Villain 3 bets max again for max of 3 raises, I call. By the betting I put villain on 23 o.
Turn comes another 5o.
Betting is identical to flop.
River comes 5s. Villain checks. I raise 10 and villain just calls.
Flip cards, I put the villain correct, 23o so he has a wheel. I flip the mine and dealer looks says, 'Chop pot, oh wait no that's a straight flush!' villain groans.
Dealer then calls the other dealer over says, 'We have a straight flush.' and points to me.
Other dealer says we can give you 10 in free play or a hat. Of course I took the hat!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom