Meetups and Their Lasting Impressions (1 Viewer)

Payback

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
So I'm on paternity leave from work and trying to do what I can to help Mrs. Payback out. One of those things is driving my son to kindergarten. We decided that he would be best served outside of our local school zone. Therefore we transferred him to another district, which requires a 30 minute/30 mile drive each way. Sadly we are the farthest family from the school so no carpool options either. Therefore this gives my eldest son and I lots of time to chat about school, family, life. Five year olds have a lot to talk about.

This mornings topic of conversation: My poker friends, specifically @inca911. He wanted to know when Forrest was coming back to the house. Now the last time my son saw him was June 2018 for PnBBC so it's been a very long time for him, yet he still remembers his name. He also went through all of the details about the Blaze game they played together on the tablet and how nice he was. He also said he missed having people around playing poker as he now knows how to play Holdem, Omaha, and Stud.

It made my morning and made me realize I really need to get a PnBBC 2 on the boards at some point, but with a new baby and about a 99% chance we are buying a new place early next year life is taking priority.:cool

So I'm on paternity leave from work and trying to do what I can to help Mrs. Payback out. One of those things is driving my son to kindergarten. We decided that he would be best served outside of our local school zone. Therefore we transferred him to another district, which requires a 30 minute/30 mile drive each way. Sadly we are the farthest family from the school so no carpool options either. Therefore this gives my eldest son and I lots of time to chat about school, family, life. Five year olds have a lot to talk about.

This mornings topic of conversation: My poker friends, specifically @inca911. He wanted to know when Forrest was coming back to the house. Now the last time my son saw him was June 2018 for PnBBC so it's been a very long time for him, yet he still remembers his name. He also went through all of the details about the Blaze game they played together on the tablet and how nice he was. He also said he missed having people around playing poker as he now knows how to play Holdem, Omaha, and Stud.

It made my morning and made me realize I really need to get a PnBBC 2 on the boards at some point, but with a new baby and about a 99% chance we are buying a new place early next year life is taking priority.:cool
That is the perfect use of drive time. My son is 4. When we are in the car, the radio is off and we are ALWAYS chatting...about whatever he wants. Those moments are so important, especially considering the attention that the new baby is getting. The older kids often feel like they are competing for attention.

And Forrest is a great guy. I had the pleasure of sitting to his right during circus games at Chateau de Noix. He helped me learn a few of the games.

That is the perfect use of drive time. My son is 4. When we are in the car, the radio is off and we are ALWAYS chatting...about whatever he wants. Those moments are so important, especially considering the attention that the new baby is getting. The older kids often feel like they are competing for attention.

And Forrest is a great guy. I had the pleasure of sitting to his right during circus games at Chateau de Noix. He helped me learn a few of the games.

My favorite part has been picking him up. He actually wants to tell me about his day. When I'm working and come home, he's schooled out and doesn't want to talk about anything so I get it secondhand from my wife. This is so much better! Honestly, I'm exhausted ALL.THE.TIME. right now, but I'm enjoying this time family time so much. How can I not have to go back to work...?

It wasn't a meet up. I think it was a few years ago when @inca911 traveled out for my birthday game. I noticed he was missing from the table. I headed up stairs. He was sitting on the couch chatting it up with Colleen.

That one act of friendliness went along way for me to host my first meet up in June.

Last edited:

One of the first posts I read this morning. Brought a smile to my face. Yes, kids will constantly amaze you. Good stuff!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom