Mead's Tavern & Card Room (warning - Claysmith :D) (1 Viewer)

PlayerADK

Flush
Reaction score
Created a set of custom Claysmiths for my dad for Christmas! Thanks @Gear for the labels - amazing work as always.

Tldr: Claysmith stinky, but I'm happy with how the set turned out.

What I've learned from this project: I'll never buy Claysmiths again. The injection mold dots were a pain and I ended up having to meticulously slice off a large amount of pips that had been stuck from the manufacturing process so that the label would lay flat.

@Gear Does recommend laminated labels but because I knew this was going to be an economy set, I opted for the regular vinyl unlaminated. I am pretty happy with the result but I'm positive that the laminated labels would have been better - of course if you're looking for the best quality result, always follow his advice! For this project I didn't care too much. (hence, Claysmiths)

Also there was a lot of excess material that needs to be weeded off of the chips, but I didn't take the time to do that. For this set, it's not worth it.

Edgespot-aligned labels, same as my Saloon set. Although I was probably a lot less meticulous this time around, I was much quicker than my first set.

IMG_20201208_150426~2.jpg

IMG_20201210_120540.jpg

IMG_20201210_120548.jpg

IMG_20201210_120707.jpg

IMG_20201210_121641.jpg

IMG_20201210_121703.jpg

IMG_20201210_121727.jpg

Those labels do look great, and I am not going to badmouth the claysmith 12 stripe. If that is what the budget allows they are better than other choices out there.

Great looking labels, and the colors on those 12-stripe chips are terrific! Congrats on a cool set!

Those labels do look great, and I am not going to badmouth the claysmith 12 stripe. If that is what the budget allows they are better than other choices out there.

Great looking labels, and the colors on those 12-stripe chips are terrific! Congrats on a cool set!
Thanks for the kind words!

Disclaimer: be sure to get multiple samples before buying a set. It may change your mind.

And for the colors: I agree! I love all of the colors except the red. It's an extremely dark red/maroon - I'd always hope for a brighter red (especially being an essential chip in the lineup)

Disclaimer: be sure to get multiple samples before buying a set. It may change your mind.
I had 3000 of these before I finally got to order ceramics from brpro. They are as good as the warehouse whoever you get them from stores them in. The first 2000 I got straight from claysmith gaming and they were (outside of the usual injection molded crap) just fine. Got 500 from thepokerstore.com and they had spinners. Got the last 500 from claysmith again and they were just fine. Your problems are with all injection molded junk, not just claysmith

What do you recommend for removing the original labels? I have a Mint set, and a sample of Desert Heat that I can practice with. Thanks!

I think the claysmith look great at a distance, it's just when you handle them they are a let down.

What do you recommend for removing the original labels? I have a Mint set, and a sample of Desert Heat that I can practice with. Thanks!
I recommend buying without labels, then applying your own. It's definitely not worth removing the labels to add your own, but it's up to you. I've never had to remove the labels.
I think the claysmith look great at a distance, it's just when you handle them they are a let down.
Exactly this - huge disappointment in person. Go with ceramic or Paulson!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom