Maybe I missed it, but did CPC brighten up Canary? (2 Viewers)

Beakertwang

Royal Flush
Tourney Director
Reaction score
I was just comparing my A-mold color sample set to @navels’ traveling small crown set, and the scrown canary is noticeably brighter. When did that happen?

I don't know when, but I like it. My add-on from last year wasn't any brighter than the initial order a year before.

I hope you are right. I just got my Scrown sample set and need to compare. Maybe that A-mold chip is yellow though?

This was very helpful for color comparisons. just noticed you were the OP too, though.... seems like you answered your own question.

It is. I was being stupid. Can one of the mods please delete this thread, so I don’t look stupid in perpetuity?
Erring is human; it's not being stupid.
Still, the thread should be kept as a solemn monument to the agony chippers are being put through, in their honest quest for a truly bright (not pale) CPC yellow :D

This may be one of the dumbest things I’ve done on PCF, but it’s far from making the Top 100 of All-Time Dumb Things I’ve Done. :D
Ehh. Public service announcement. Anyone reading post #5 now knows small crown (or A-mold) Canary is lighter than Yellow.

Ouch! I hope that is the only chip to suffer that fate.
It was two but that was it :)

I think I did a full write up of my insane process on CT. The short version was that I was curious if I could get a few years worth of play on them to see if there would be any butter to look forward to. I used my bench buffing wheel and let the heat get too high, too quickly. The result was a melted chip.

As someone who has ordered racks of each of the DG Yellow, Canary, & DG Saturn, I strongly recommend going with DG Yellow! I wasn't a fan of the other two as base colors.

If I could go back in time and switch my canary dragons in dg yellow, I would.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom