May Travel To Austin TX to play on PLO Live Stream - Airline Advice? (1 Viewer)

Anthony Martino

Royal Flush
Reaction score
In the next month or two might take a trip to Austin Texas to play on their PLO livestream game. I don't travel much, any tips for airlines folks recommend? Looks like I don't have any non-stop flight options from Tampa or Orlando, going to be stuck with one stop no matter what.

But airbnb's are plentiful and reasonably priced.

Send me info when you do it. I'll come rail (or sit at the bar with a drink and occasionally yell 'Murica!).

edit: I appreciate the LOL's but just so you know was also serious. I'll dip if it's some shoulder to shoulder mass of Texan's with fake masks, but I'd stay and hang.

2nd edit: I had no idea what this was like. A year ago, I didn't even know what "railing" meant in a poker sense. Looked up site and location, obviously this type of club does not have room for non playing extras. The most I'd be doing is sitting in the lounge area with drinks.

3rd edit: Orrrrrrrrr I could just get a day pass and go play $1/2 holdem. They wouldn't like me. It would just go Fold, Fold, Fold, Fold, Fold, Fold, Fold, Fold, Fold, Hey! Heyyyy! Anthony, Anthony! Should I play this hand in position?

Last edited:
Send me info when you do it. I'll come rail (or sit at the bar with a drink and occasionally yell 'Murica!).

Uncle Sam wants YOU!

3.jpg

January seems too early for whatever you had to be covid. Might be worth it to spring for an antibody test

Tests are unreliable and there's multiple versions of tests out there all with issues

Mine was end of January and I was sicker thsn I've ever been, like my immune system didn't have anything to fight it, like a novel virus that lasted 2 weeks

Month and a half later, same symptoms, much less severe snd lasted 3-4 days, like my body now had a response for it

False. You do not know how to fold. :D
Yeah but I'd like to play for more than 20 minutes. If Martino is brave enough to bring me along, this would not be the smartest thing I've done in 2021.

At the very least I'd just be doing Hold 'Em, so there's that. I don't know that I could actually even do it, I'm checking out a live stream now (of course it's a lot higher than the min $1/2 I would play), but damn there's not a smile or drink in the whole room.

Yeah but I'd like to play for more than 20 minutes. If Martino is brave enough to bring me along, this would not be the smartest thing I've done in 2021.

At the very least I'd just be doing Hold 'Em, so there's that. I don't know that I could actually even do it, I'm checking out a live stream now (of course it's a lot higher than the min $1/2 I would play), but damn there's not a smile or drink in the whole room.

What is there to smile about playing 2 card poker???

Plus one for Sothwest... minus 100 for Spirit which is big in Florida but no way am I ever getting back in that plastic seated death trap again!! MERICA BROTHER!!!
But Spirit has a daily nonstop MCO-AUS...
I too would prefer SW, but not with one more stop.

But Spirit has a daily nonstop MCO-AUS...
I too would prefer SW, but not with one more stop.

It may be preferable to traveling to Orlando. That's over an hour and a half drive for me. So I'm stuck paying garage fees on my car or Uber.

Uber to Tampa airport is 25 minutes away

edit: I appreciate the LOL's but just so you know was also serious. I'll dip if it's some shoulder to shoulder mass of Texan's with fake masks, but I'd stay and hang.

2nd edit: I had no idea what this was like. A year ago, I didn't even know what "railing" meant in a poker sense. Looked up site and location, obviously this type of club does not have room for non playing extras. The most I'd be doing is sitting in the lounge area with drinks.

3rd edit: Orrrrrrrrr I could just get a day pass and go play $1/2 holdem. They wouldn't like me. It would just go Fold, Fold, Fold, Fold, Fold, Fold, Fold, Fold, Fold, Hey! Heyyyy! Anthony, Anthony! Should I play this hand in position?
Do they have 1/2? I thought their smallest game was 1/3 match the big stack.

It may be preferable to traveling to Orlando. That's over an hour and a half drive for me. So I'm stuck paying garage fees on my car or Uber.

Uber to Tampa airport is 25 minutes away
Oh, as you said in the op, i thought both would be near you, sorry.

Well, seeing SW is an average of triple the price, you might still consider spirit.
And, depending on Uber price, you might be cheaper off renting from the nearest hertz/etc and drop off at MCO for around 50 bucks oneway. No parking fees and complimentary airport shuttle.
Alltogether that might be around or almost a buy-in in savings, and still faster than flying with a stopover ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom