Interest Matsui Zen $20 and $100 Plaque Group Buy 2023 - Interest Thread (1 Viewer)

Black on yellow or orange on yellow?

• Total voters

BNM

Full House
Reaction score
Hello,

This is the much anticipated (and delayed!) interest thread for a possible Matsui Zen $20 plaque. I'll add a vote to this thread once we get our Zen orders in hand, but want to get the thread going.

There is/was a purple plaque mocked up but I'm not considering that given all the red and blue already present in the .25, $1 and $5 so here are the two current design options to consider:

mz_p20v1.jpg

The left mockup follows the color pattern of the chips, with the black details, whereas the chip on the right emulates the style of the current 5k and 25k plaques.

Pricing: These are all estimates but base price would be $13.65/plaque or $12.65/plaque if we get more than 100. There is also a $215 setup fee that would be shared, and a .40/plaque royalty art fee to J4, also shared. And, of course, shipping (shared cost), reshipping (individualized), taxes (shared), tape and any other needed supplies (shared) would be extra. @derekdd23 said it best: Make sure you keep some room in your budget for such fees.

I am moving and starting a new job in the early part of the summer, so I'm not sure I'll end up being the person to run this GB but lets start by seeing what the real interest is. Only commit or vote (when the poll goes up) if you are actually going to buy these plaques.

I'm sure I'm forgetting lots of important stuff but I'll leave this here for now.

Running Total for $20 plaques:
@BNM - 40
@asam2006 - 40
@JustDave - 40
@BearMetal - 20
@Joe Harris - 21
@CrazyEddie - 1
@davislane - 1

Last edited:
Any idea on when ordering would take place? Like are we waiting for a few months or any estimate that you could give. I would like to know that before I can commit.

Reactions: BNM
Any idea on when ordering would take place? Like are we waiting for a few months or any estimate that you could give. I would like to know that before I can commit.
If I am running this, then it would be sooner than later. Think cash collected and order placed by the end of the first week of May, for example.

I think the only thing people were waiting on was getting the GB chips in hand and a lot of us are all actively unpacking them as i'm typing this.

I think the only thing people were waiting on was getting the GB chips in hand and a lot of us are all actively unpacking them as i'm typing this.
^^^This^^^

Interestingly, so am I. My initial preference was to stick with the same general look as the 5k and 25k, but I concur that, with plaques in hand, that orange on yellow might be a tad hard on the eyes. My only concern with the black on yellow is that's a pretty dramatic contrast. For comparison, this is the purple mock-up that @Johnny5 did, which would probably be more like the 5k.

mz_p20v3.jpg

The purple is gorgeous, but I keep coming back to the dealer buttons.

455ADF9C-1BA1-4B68-B052-EE2317279AE5.jpeg

The photograph isn’t quite picking it up, but with all of the pearl effect, the darker button is kinda hard to read.

I don't even have the chips yet and I want plaques. WTF is wrong with me! Wait, don't answer that ... Let's just get me some plaques.

... I'm sure in gonna want some. Just need to get the chips and figure out quantities.

I will be in for 6 minimum but probably more if this is still going to happen.

I'm only ordering one as a sample so I'm not voting; I'm happy to get one of whatever it is everyone else wants.

That said, I'll say again that I think the white on purple is the best fit for the overall feel of the Zen set.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom