• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine Matsui or Bud Jones?? (1 Viewer)

KingZilla

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Matsui or Bud Jones?? - NOT !

These don't appear to be cheapo chips. Could they be Matsui or Bud Jones? If so, awesome price for 100 chips for those who have or want these type of chips.[eBay=360784954133][/eBay]

Last edited:
Unfortunately, those are neither Matsui or Bud Jones. They're just cheap plastic chips with metal inserts. You can even find them on Amazon for about $80 for a set of 500.

Last edited:
Really? Must be something new on the cheapo slugged chips market. I haven't seen chips like those before.. so now they're doing knock-offs of matsui as well. Are you sure about this. I've been "chipping" for a long time. The edge spots on these don't look like any cheapo designs I've seen before, they really look like something from Matsui, Bud Jones, or possibly RT plastics (which I don't know if they still exist). I'd like to hear more opinions of these now.

Last edited:
LOL, I'll pass on that. I'm glad you found them. The edge spots are pretty good for plastic chips. Technology is getting better all the time.... too bad they don't stack, sound or feel any better. I should have believed Ski, they almost had me fooled.
:eek:

LOL, I'll pass on that. I'm glad you found them. The edge spots are pretty good for plastic chips. Technology is getting better all the time.... too bad they don't stack, sound or feel any better. I should have believed Ski, they almost had me fooled.
:eek:

Thank goodness Tommy found the link at discountpokershop.com, as I just noticed that the Amazon price has gone up to about $95 for the 500 PRO POKER chip set. discountpokershop.com still has them for only $80! We need to get them while we can. This looks like a strong investment opportunity! :p

Kidding aside, I think the "stenciled letter" font used by these chips is what perhaps tricks people into thinking "Matsui".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom