Matsui cash set -- Emerald Bay Club (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

liftapint

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************
I'm going to be organizing a group buy for Matsui cash set chips. There will be 2 sets, one cali-colors and one traditional colors, plus a few extra chips to help facilitate mix-and-match for semi-custom sets. All chips will have the same inlay design -- this will keep the artwork costs down. I still need to work out the details with Matsui, regarding costs. Hopefully within the next week or two, we can get an official order thread going. I hope that the cost will be in the $1.50/chip range, but if we can reach 10k chips ordered, it should be a little less than this, and if the order goes higher, the price per chip goes down, as fixed costs are spread thinner.

Thanks to @MoscowRadio for the awesome inlay artwork -- he has been so awesome to work with (if you're looking for design work, give him a try!). Thanks to @Perthmike for doing the heavy lifting in designing these chips. And thanks to @detroitdad for his help too.

Here are mock-ups of the chips. Not all details are final. Final color decisions are pending receipt of a color kit from Matsui (this may not arrive until the end of May). In particular, the spot color on the Cali 5, and the mold choice for the $20, $25, and $100 in the traditional set are not set in stone. Most everything else is pretty solid.

For planning purposes, this is going to have to be turned around pretty quickly. My Matsui rep is going on leave, and I need to get this order placed and paid by June 10th. The order thread will probably only be open for about a week, with payment required within about a week after that. So start thinking of what your set might look like, NOW.

Here you go...

cali_final.jpg
trad_final.jpg
extras_final.jpg

Last edited:
Not in the cards for me after the Horseshoe Matsui group buy but good luck with the project! Will be following!

What are the purchasing limits for each price break?

Pending on the final price I'll be in for 500-1200 chips.

Love all these except the frac colour - looks great on the mock-up but the colour sample looks a bit meh. Seems faded or something?

Love all these except the frac colour - looks great on the mock-up but the colour sample looks a bit meh. Seems faded or something?
I've not seen that one in person but I noticed the tool colours seem vastly different from the samples.

Same colour different lighting
Screenshot_20190504_001015.jpg

What are the purchasing limits for each price break?

Pending on the final price I'll be in for 500-1200 chips.
From the last GB the only price break is the avoidance of an extra charge if below 300 chips (I think) for any denomination. I think some people have managed to negotiate out of this or at least reduce the impact. Given the likely demand, this is probably not going to be an issue.

Then the chips get cheaper with every one ordered as it dilutes the $300/chip art fee. Note that the price per chip we ended up with for the Horseshoe had the art fee diluted between both GBs so a total of 28k ish chips.

Edit to add: AFAIK there is a volume price break but this is huge and we're highly unlikely to hit it.

What's the colour name on the design tool? Orange? I wonder what the day-glo and mandarin oranges look like?
Its orange

Dayglo-orange and Mandarin are 20 and 21 in the bottom of this pic
Screenshot_20190502_191657.jpg

What's cool is that you can mix and match the denoms from either of the two sets

At the risk of sounding ignorant.....

Is there a comparable chip that's readily available to the public? I've never handled Matsui's before.

Basically what I'm asking is: Where can I get a sample of something that will give me at least a basic idea of what these will feel like?

Also, what size are these? I saw in the design thread someone was asking about interest in 43mm... are these 39mm?

Several threads are out there selling shuffle stacks of the recent WPS tournament group buy. The cool part about these is the sharp edges and bright colors. They are 40mm.

Is there a comparable chip that's readily available to the public? I've never handled Matsui's before.

Basically what I'm asking is: Where can I get a sample of something that will give me at least a basic idea of what these will feel like?

Also, what size are these? I saw in the design thread someone was asking about interest in 43mm... are these 39mm?
You should try to get samples of these: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/matsui-wps-horseshoe-style-gb-2-order-thread-closed.37238/

I have 20 of the original 500's I can sell you if you are interested. They are the first run so they are the incorrect pink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom