Interest Matsui 43mm WSOP Tribute set -- design final! (1 Viewer)

Black or White label?

• White label -- keep the original look

• Black label

• Who gives a crap, just make the chips

Results are only viewable after voting.

liftapint

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
OK, so I want to move forward with this project, and want some input on label design.
Do you think this project should have white labels, or black labels?

The photos below are NOT (necessarily) the inlays that I'll use. They are just provided to give an overall feel for what the chips would look like with the different color labels.

Ultimately, I'll make the decision, but wanted to see if public opinion was wildly one way or the other.

black.png
white.jpeg

I don't know if you want people to vote who are unlikely to buy, but I like the black label with the gold foil. I have one of the old Binion's tournament chips that this looks to be patterned after, and it's a sharp look!

I haven't voted. If we confirm that Matsui can do the gold foil on black, then I don't know how I can avoid a set of these.

Thanks for costing me more money, Mel!

Prefer black, but will consider white. All depends on the final design. Wouldn't mind owning another set of the originals either

I'm probably only like 60% to buy a set at the moment but I prefer the black.

I'm delighted to present the design I decided to go with (thank you @Johnny5!).

mat_tb_set1a.jpg

I'm getting close to setting up an order thread for this group buy. I'm currently working with Matsui to get some pricing estimates. Shipping costs will be a big wild-card, but I am thinking these will be around $2/chip (43mm). I mostly just need to figure out timing and costs, and we're good to go!

The black label is awesome! but does the label have to say “tournament no cash value”? There may be some out there that would like to use this set as a cash game set………. :unsure:

Also, can we order 5s as well? Just curious.

Might want to fix the edge spots on the T500 before placing the order. Right now it looks nearly the same as the spots on the T1000, but in the original chip in the OP it looks hot pink and purple.

Might want to fix the edge spots on the T500 before placing the order. Right now it looks nearly the same as the spots on the T1000, but in the original chip in the OP it looks hot pink and purple.

Thanks, will double check everything before the order goes in. But as of right now, the similarity is intentional, as we have attempted to make the chips as similar as possible to the colors of the original Rio Paulson WSOP chips, rather than to the previous group buy.

But good point. I will revisit this decision, and double check everything before the order goes in. But so far, nothing to "fix".

View attachment 858249

I'm getting close to setting up an order thread for this group buy. I'm currently working with Matsui to get some pricing estimates. Shipping costs will be a big wild-card, but I am thinking these will be around $2/chip (43mm). I mostly just need to figure out timing and costs, and we're good to go!
Nice work and great execution! Gotta agree with @RainmanTrail and @Goldfish. If no cash value is removed and we add the 1 and 5 denoms it’ll add flexibility to the set. The spots on the 500 and 1000 always bugged me with the origs, but neither of these things will be deal breakers for most

I guess I’m selling one of my guitars!

View attachment 858249

Can’t wait! How’s it going?

These look fantastic. I'm interested but it will come down to pricing for me.

Looking good... Interested still, but can you tell me if the colors on the 1K are the same as the colors on the original 1K? need to know for quantities....

View attachment 858249

I'm getting antsy in my pantsy for this. Any idea when we'll have an official order thread?

These look great! Looks like the edge spots, while a slightly different shape (keyword?) I assume because no direct copying allowed, it looks like maybe the colors of the 5k chip are different?

Sorry, if there is a history or preference of this 5k chip preference I’m unaware of. I know there’s something I am missing, just not sure what it is =)

Wish I hadn't seen this thread... Now I might have to buy some when the order thread opens.

I like the first dealer button option.

In ranked order:

Last edited:
I like the middle button the best

Edit: 2,1,3 is my order of preference if we're doing ranked choice voting :)

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom