Mathematics Savant Needed (1 Viewer)

chkmte

Flush
Reaction score
There are (21) consonants in the English alphabet. If sorting into groups of (13), how many possible groups exist? What is the formula to figure this out?

1596570948069.png

Where n is the number of choices (21 consonants) and r is the group size (13). Order doesn't matter and repetition isn't allowed

The answer here is 203490.

https://www.mathsisfun.com/combinatorics/combinations-permutations-calculator.html

Reminds me of a line I read at 14 in the Penthouse magazine (it must have been a typo) :rolleyes:

Wow. Thanks for that prompt reply everyone.

Now then, anyone here an excel guru? I got a hell of puzzle I'm trying to sort through. :)

I don't think a knowledge of combinations and permutations makes you a mathematics savant. I learned that kind of thing in middle school.

Not really, but gonna need to narrow it down a bit using Excel and a couple of parameters.
You should see if you can find someone with access to Tableau. They can create parameters that you can adjust and recalculate the results on the fly. Makes what if's much easier. I would be more than happy to do it for you, but that would result in misappropriation of govt resources :)

There is an Excel formula for Combinations and Permutations.

There's also a COMBINA, that includes "repetitions", or counts items a different order as an additional result, I think. So COMBINA result should always be higher than COMBIN.

1596573774855.png

1596574933881.png

You should see if you can find someone with access to Tableau. They can create parameters that you can adjust and recalculate the results on the fly. Makes what if's much easier. I would be more than happy to do it for you, but that would result in misappropriation of govt resources :)

Tableau Public is free

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom