Mastui WSOP Style Sample Chip Set Giveaway Winner! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy

Royal Flush
Admin
Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats to Schmendr1ck! They won the Mastui WSOP Style Sample Chip Set Giveaway!

Oh come on! Congrats Schmendr1ck.

I wish I ran in Super Bowl wagers like I run in PCF giveaways. Thanks again, Tommy!

A small package arrived on Saturday, but I wasn't able to open it until last night:

jUNI7JP.jpg

Thanks again to Tommy for my first Matsuis and the accompanying PCF swag.

They are interesting chips. The first adjective that came to mind for the feel and sound was rubbery, though that's not entirely accurate. They make more of a soft thud than a click-clack like ceramics, compression-molded chips or China clays. They also feel fairly soft thanks to the round edges and smooth surfaces. I don't hate them for sure, but I'm still trying to decide if I like them enough to own a set or not.

A small package arrived on Saturday, but I wasn't able to open it until last night:

jUNI7JP.jpg

They are interesting chips. The first adjective that came to mind for the feel and sound was rubbery, though that's not entirely accurate. They make more of a soft thud than a click-clack like ceramics, compression-molded chips or China clays. They also feel fairly soft thanks to the round edges and smooth surfaces. I don't hate them for sure, but I'm still trying to decide if I like them enough to own a set or not.

How does the feel compare to Bud Jones (if you know)? I can see rubbery being used with those chips as well.

How does the feel compare to Bud Jones (if you know)? I can see rubbery being used with those chips as well.

I went digging through my three racks of "S" chips (singles, samples and souvenirs), and I don't own a Bud Jones to compare with. Please don't take my Chip Nerd card away. ;)

Matsui makes some really beautiful chips, but if you are serious about purchasing a set, I strongly advise that you first get your hands on at least a barrel of them. They are some of the most slippery chips on the planet. Only high-end chip I've ever seen where you seriously risk a barrel explosion every time simply by trying to place them in a rack. I wanted to love mine (they were gorgeous), but ended up selling them ('cuz I hated using them).

Matsui makes some really beautiful chips, but if you are serious about purchasing a set, I strongly advise that you first get your hands on at least a barrel of them. They are some of the most slippery chips on the planet. Only high-end chip I've ever seen where you seriously risk a barrel explosion every time simply by trying to place them in a rack. I wanted to love mine (they were gorgeous), but ended up selling them ('cuz I hated using them).

Thanks, but I was speaking hypothetically. Now that the CPS chips are here, I think my next big purchase will be from CPC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom