Marvelous Marvin Hagler Rest In Peace (1 Viewer)

legend672

Full House
Reaction score
Sad day as the greatest middleweight boxer I ever saw has passed away. He was a joy to behold. I feel lucky to have seen him fight in person. Never down, ( one slip ruled knockdown) never out. He came to fight every time. No one wanted to fight him, but he finally became champion and held belt for many moons. Fighting out of Brockton, mass the city of champions, Marvelous Marvin Hagler.

+1 for Marvin 'Marvelous' Hagler!

The best of the Four Horseman when they were fighting amongst each other (although Sugar might have had the best total body of work). My favorite of the four at that time as well. His fight against Sugar might be the best one I've ever watched and yes, imo Hagler won that fight hands down.

A Legend when boxing was absolutely relevant, which hasn't happened in more than two decades.

RIP, Champ.

I met him once when I was a kid. My family crossed paths with him and his bodyguard/trainer/friend, one day on the cape. I assumed the giant guy was the boxer, but no, the champ was a middleweight and thus a normal-sized human. Nice guy.

Definitely beat Sugar! I remember watching that fight with my grandfather when I was about 14 or so. RIP Marvin Hagler.

He did one thing I wish more fighters would learn how to do. He got in, he got his, and then he got out with all his facilities in tact. He did what way too many big time fighters refuse to do. He stayed retired and lived his life.

Rest in Peace Marvelous Marvin Haggler, THANK YOU for the many marvelous memories of me with my dad watching your craftsmanship in the ring. I do wish you got your rematch with sugar ray, but that refusal only shows you were the winner of the match.

MARVIN_HAGLER_vs_JOHN_The_Beast_Mugabi.jpg

file_174625_35_ARCHIVE_Hagler_vs_Hearns_r-770x560.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

im sorry i thought i attached this link... and yes i think its one of the most amazing rounds ever... out reached out heighted but this is what a true warrior is......

What a truly gifted fighter. He could effortlessly deliver a barrage of punches in the blink of an eye. I never got to see him fight in person but I had the opportunity on several occasions to hang with him. In the mid-80's my buddy Geno used to tend bar right outside of Faneuil Hall at a Chinese restaurant/bar called Bogart's (across from Clarkes). He introduced me to him and Marvin invited me to sit at the bar and eat with him. He was a true gentleman and whenever I came in after that he would wave me over. I remember he had a silver Benz with a special champion license plate.

Rest in peace champ.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom