Marvel Done F'ed Up Now! (1 Viewer)

grandgnu

A new beginning
Reaction score
Gambit movie coming in 2016 (that's fine), starring Channing Tatum. I can't stand that guy.

http://screenrant.com/gambit-x-men-release-date-2016/

Gambit-Channing-Tatum-Art-metalblackfae.jpg

It's a Fox movie not Marvel. (Fox owns the rights to the mutants, Spider-Man, and the Famtastic Four.

Fox has been F'ing up superhero movies for years

he's done a fair amount of garbage, but he's on a bit of a mcconaughey trajectory imo: do a bunch of shit movies and then do a bunch of really interesting stuff that indicates you give a damn about your work.

i first started thinking well of him when he got in with soderbergh for haywire in 2012, but the below are the high points for channing tatum:

haywire
21 jump street
magic mike (in the top three of the year if not at the very top)
side effects
this is the end (cameo, but very well done)
don jon (again, cameo, but literally one of the funniest things in the movie)
foxcatcher (insanely good performance)
22 jump street (not sure why this isn't as well thought of as the first one as it is also great)

and he's got the magic mike sequel coming up and he's doing something with tarantino. AND he sent this fantastic email to a bunch of people including sony corporate execs. i'm on board with this guy.

I liked Haywire and 21 jumpstreet. Not familiar with Side Effects.

As for 22 Jumpstreet. It was ok. Glad I streamed it. I thought it was pretty much exactly the same as the first movie.

I read on aintitcoolnews.com that their going to merge the jumpstreet and MIB worlds for the next installment. That could funny.

i haven't seen a lot of his movies , but my 18 year old daughter thinks he's the best thing since sliced bread. I'm not sure she's Marvels target or not.

Well, these are still my thoughts:

michael-scott-no-o.gif

Gambit should be cool and slick, Channing Tatum is so...........meh. After seeing the latest Sin City flick I bet Joseph Gordon Levitt could've pulled off Gambit, he was pretty slick in that flick.

joseph-gordon-levitt-in-sin-city-a-dame-to-kill-for-movie-4.jpg

Gambit should be cool and slick, Channing Tatum is so...........meh. After seeing the latest Sin City flick I bet Joseph Gordon Levitt could've pulled off Gambit, he was pretty slick in that flick.

did you like the new sin city? i thought it was one of the worst movies of the year.

i feel about JGL like you seem to feel about channing tatum - so, so overrated. that said, he also has something going similar to johnny depp in the 90s (post-90s this theory does not apply): mediocre actor, but chooses great stuff. i loved him in don jon (which was also his directorial debut and was a fantastic movie) and while it wasn't without its flaws, looper was really interesting and unique. even premium rush, junk food film that it is, was a lot of fun, though i think it gets a bump from michael shannon's performance.

You just like him because he has no clue how to properly use capital letters either (or doesn't care). Rebels....

this is a pretty plausible theory. however, now that i'm using forumrunner or tapatalk (horrendous as it is) more often, you'll notice that my phone and tablet autocorrect my failure to capitalize most things. steve jobs is the ultimate fucking troll - name your devices with the most ridiculous capitalization structure ever and then correct all users who fail to capitalize.

did you like the new sin city? i thought it was one of the worst movies of the year.

i feel about JGL like you seem to feel about channing tatum - so, so overrated. that said, he also has something going similar to johnny depp in the 90s (post-90s this theory does not apply): mediocre actor, but chooses great stuff. i loved him in don jon (which was also his directorial debut and was a fantastic movie) and while it wasn't without its flaws, looper was really interesting and unique. even premium rush, junk food film that it is, was a lot of fun, though i think it gets a bump from michael shannon's performance.

this is a pretty plausible theory. however, now that i'm using forumrunner or tapatalk (horrendous as it is) more often, you'll notice that my phone and tablet autocorrect my failure to capitalize most things. steve jobs is the ultimate fucking troll - name your devices with the most ridiculous capitalization structure ever and then correct all users who fail to capitalize.

I loved the first Sin City. I only made it 30 minutes into the sequel. I agree. Fucking horrible.

I loved the first Sin City. I only made it 30 minutes into the sequel. I agree. Fucking horrible.

part of the problem is robert rodriguez having turned into a parody of himself. it's pretty sad. the guy made some really good movies (el mariachi, desperado, from dusk till dawn) and then just jumped the shark harder than anyone in recent memory.

I did, but I went into it with low expectations and I'm a sucker for sadistic chicks.

Enjoyed Looper and Don Jon (most of it anyway). Wife and I are also big fans of the sitcom 3rd Rock From The Sun, so it's interesting to see such a dramatic change as Gordon-Levitt has grown up.

part of the problem is robert rodriguez having turned into a parody of himself. it's pretty sad. the guy made some really good movies (el mariachi, desperado, from dusk till dawn) and then just jumped the shark harder than anyone in recent memory.

I concur.

I dunno, I go into Robert Rodriguez flicks expecting ridiculousness. I loved the trailer for Machete that eventually became a movie. I wasn't too big a fan of the first Machete flick though, but just caught Machete Kills and my wife and I were cracking up quite a bit (even though they did squeeze Lady Gaga in there, god I hate her) Lots of celeb cameos in the flick, was great fun.

I dunno, I go into Robert Rodriguez flicks expecting ridiculousness. I loved the trailer for Machete that eventually became a movie. I wasn't too big a fan of the first Machete flick though, but just caught Machete Kills and my wife and I were cracking up quite a bit (even though they did squeeze Lady Gaga in there, god I hate her) Lots of celeb cameos in the flick, was great fun.

i love when directors commit to absurd premises, but my problem specifically with the machete movies is that rodriguez blew the better part a decade on the useless spy kids movies and then jumps back in to deliver something that is basically just an inside joke. it was perfect as a trailer in grindhouse, but planet terror played in such similar territory (with only modest success imo) that it was totally unnecessary to make the full movie(s!).

I liked Taylor Kitsch as Gambit... Not a fan of CT

I liked Taylor Kitsch as Gambit... Not a fan of CT

Ditto, I can only assume the Hollywood types were like "ERMAHGERD, DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL WATCH THIS MOVIE IF CHANNING IS IN IT?"

In an era where reboots are the defacto for Hollywood exec creativity, you should welcome anything that hasn't been done. Anything can be written brilliantly.

absolutely. Were (boy and I) are a huge fan of the xmen series (well, not Xmen 3) and the xmen cartoons from back in the day. Just sharing my opinion that I don't think his character is worthy enough of a his own movie/series. Hopefully they don't fuck it up like they did the Wolverine Origins............wow was that ever bad.

Side effects is a very psychological thriller movie. Chaffing Tantrum was decent in it as well. On Netflix right now. Jude Law, Catherine Zeta Jones, Kate Mara.

Speaking of Marvel, Ant-man teaser came out. Looks like a big year for Marvel and Disney. As a shareholder, I can't wait.

Side effects is a very psychological thriller movie. Chaffing Tantrum was decent in it as well. On Netflix right now. Jude Law, Catherine Zeta Jones, Kate Mara.

Speaking of Marvel, Ant-man teaser came out. Looks like a big year for Marvel and Disney. As a shareholder, I can't wait.

I'm curious about Ant-man. I'm a Paul Rudd fan. Hopefully they pull this off as well as the other Marvel movies.

Just looked up Side Effects on Showbox. Its available for download. I'll put it on the list.

I'm curious about Ant-man. I'm a Paul Rudd fan. Hopefully they pull this off as well as the other Marvel movies.

i'll still see it, but i was really, really disappointed when edgar wright pulled out directing the movie. the trilogy he did with simon pegg (shaun of the dead/hot fuzz/the world's end) were some of the best comedy/action movies of the past decade.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/70032

I sure hope this is true. One of my favorites as a kid. I prolly still have 50 of his comic books stored in a bin from 35 years ago.

i'm so burnt out on spiderman i couldn't even tell you. but maybe it would be a good thing to re-engergize the character.

i'll still see it, but i was really, really disappointed when edgar wright pulled out directing the movie. the trilogy he did with simon pegg (shaun of the dead/hot fuzz/the world's end) were some of the best comedy/action movies of the past decade.

I loved the first two. I thought the first half of Worlds End was good. Second half was kind of a let down for me. Simon Pegg has a new flick coming out that looks cool as shit. I'd link it if I could remember the name, lol.

i'm so burnt out on spiderman i couldn't even tell you. but maybe it would be a good thing to re-engergize the character.

This is exactly why I want this to happen. I think Marvel would get it right. I loved the first spiderman flick. The second one with Doc Oc was good, but not great by any means. Everything they have done since then has been total and absolute shit (I loved what emma stone did in the last two, but that was it). Actually, garfield wasn't bad. Just shit movies.

I liked Emma Stone and Garfield in the last two better then Toby and Kirsten

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom