Mariano Broke My Heart (1 Viewer)

He f$#%ing did it again to me last night.

Hero: :as::ks:
Villain: :jd::9s:

Pre-Flop: Villain was raising 5x BB almost every hand on literally anything. Hero punishes by check-raising him to 40x BB. Villain calls.
Flop: :ah::kc::ts: - Hero bets pot, Villain calls
Turn: :7s: - Hero shoves, Villain calls
River: :qc:

I can't take it.
Sucks to lose there but I’d suggest these kind of losses will generate massive wins in the future. He had slim equity and not a good idea to call all in for such low odds. Not really helpful to get too upset about it. Blind squirrels find nuts. You played it optimally in my opinion, but the outcome was unfortunate. Reload and keep going!

I think he meant he realizes that (most people) don't really care about the chips (inferring that he does care.)

I think you may be spot on that he's a closet chipper -- I've seen a few of his videos, and they have the best chip pr0n by far -- he always seems to put in well framed close up shots of chips in stacks, racks, or on the felt, that last many seconds longer than other poker vloggers.

I saw a couple of his early videos soon after he started the vlog, and he's definitely improved as a vlogger with much better speaking, production, and probably even poker playing. I'm very impressed with his production and analysis on recent videos. He's probably the most improved vlogger I've seen and am still interested to check out.
I find Mariano very well spoken as well. I enjoy his videos!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom