March 2nd. The day I died a little inside. (1 Viewer)

Quicksilver-75

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
After waiting a day over 6 months, I finally received my Silver Tongued Devil chips. Holy shit, they’re spectacular. David and the crew at CPC knocked these out of the ballpark. For a brief moment, like 15 minutes I played with them and gave them a total count and quick inspection.
...and then they were gone.
Gone to their new owner in Maryland. :(:unsure:
im not going to post any pics. I’m going to leave that privilege to them. I’m actually sadder than I thought. All the time spent developing the concept. The plaques, bounties, cut cards, posters and chips. All gone...
I’m glad they’re going to great owners and will see tons of action. I’m looking forward to seeing these in play, so don’t skimp on the game-night pics, you two! :p:LOL: :laugh:

Ok. I’m over it now. Off to finalize my new set and send the order to David. Such is the life of a chipper in love with CPC chips. The wait is half the fun...

Steve/Quick

I'm gonna get to play with them some day. They just entered my 1 degree of separation.
I'm only 1 degree of separation as well!

1583195283758.png

Omg Steve!! Cant wait to see the pics go up!!! I know how truly beautiful these have to be!! Looking forward to the next new new set you've been working on!!

The sickness is strong with this one guys.... so strong lol

Not a huge mystery here, anyone that knows me knows I love everything you have ever designed Steve!! It is an absolute honor to have your amazing creation come here to Maryland... I can't thank you enough for the opportunity to own this amazing collection. Rather I can afford it or not I could not miss the opportunity!! I knew this was a once in a lifetime moment... couldn't let it pass, these are Hall of Fame worthy in my eyes, and I look forward to continue building the set over time, definitely going to take some building to get it playable in @krafticus game but that is my dream!!

I also hope that down the road we can play together and you can have a reunion with your chips Brother!! You always have a room at our home for any local meet ups or just a getaway!! Always your biggest fan and chipping buddy Ben

Not a huge mystery here, anyone that knows me knows I love everything you have ever designed Steve!! It is an absolute honor to have your amazing creation come here to Maryland... I can't thank you enough for the opportunity to own this amazing collection. Rather I can afford it or not I could not miss the opportunity!! I knew this was a once in a lifetime moment... couldn't let it pass, these are Hall of Fame worthy in my eyes, and I look forward to continue building the set over time, definitely going to take some building to get it playable in @krafticus game but that is my dream!!

I also hope that down the road we can play together and you can have a reunion with your chips Brother!! You always have a room at our home for any local meet ups or just a getaway!! Always your biggest fan and chipping buddy Ben
I think its official. We have to host a meet up one day, that way all our friends can fly in and we can share epic donkey moments together. I just think we may have to rent a second house to fit all the tables.......

I may be down that way sooner than later. My dad’s significant other lives in Fall’s Church. She recently retired from a life in the CIA as an analyst. They’re in Florida right now but will be heading to their VA home in April. :tup:
If I visit them, I’ll be sure to reach out. Maybe even just for a dinner out.

I may be down that way sooner than later. My dad’s significant other lives in Fall’s Church. She recently retired from a life in the CIA as an analyst. They’re in Florida right now but will be heading to their VA home in April. :tup:
If I visit them, I’ll be sure to reach out. Maybe even just for a dinner out.
That would be an honor Steve!!! Definitely keep us updated!!!

Those chips are stunning. Its none of my business why you sold, but I guess I have to hope your roof caved in and you didn't have a choice? I dunno. This is weird.

Those chips are stunning. Its none of my business why you sold, but I guess I have to hope your roof caved in and you didn't have a choice? I dunno. This is weird.
Steve is amazing and already working on his master piece!! Many people truly enjoy designing chips and change their mind and can't keep them all! Honestly I hit him up long ago and said if you ever think of selling I will be waiting!! I didn't think in my wildest dreams it would be so soon!

Steve is amazing and already working on his master piece!! Many people truly enjoy designing chips and change their mind and can't keep them all! Honestly I hit him up long ago and said if you ever think of selling I will be waiting!! I didn't think in my wildest dreams it would be so soon!
I don''t understand artists, I guess. But if he's happy, then good on you, because those chips are the nuts.

I’m crazy impulsive.
I love the STD chips. But my regs still call our group the Silver Club. And to be honest, so do I. I’m sending in the artwork for the new set tomorrow. I’ve always dreamed of having shaped inlays and using the more elaborate spot designs. The STDs were built purposely on a very basic look. No bright colors. No crazy spots. Just clean enough to let the inlay do the talking. Its why I redid the set after receiving them. The $100 from the V1’s had dayglow colors that, IMO clashed with the rest of the lineup. The 500 also used plain white. The upgrade to bright white is just fn nuts.

The hint was when Steve said Maryland and “you two.” I knew it was @Ben8257 and @FordPickup92. It could not be anyone else. I know there are a lot of guys in MD and Va like @krafticus , @Chippy McChiperson , and @MikesDad and few others, but I believe all the guys are married and Steve wouldn’t know about anything outside of that with any of the Md and Va guys. Not that there is anything wrong with that as Jerry and George would say.

Congrats to Ben and Brie on What should be a Great set.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom