Managing Your Poker Night Invites and Responses (2 Viewers)

JustinInMN

Full House
Reaction score
Could the send script use and account other than Gmail?

Maybe the user could store credentials for another email account in the spreadsheet?

In that case, you then have the option of using limitless providers.

All that said, I haven't seen anything specific about 100 per day being a hard cap on Gmail. I have seen some illusions to 500 per day.

Al Azouri

Two Pair
Reaction score
Could the send script use and account other than Gmail?

Maybe the user could store credentials for another email account in the spreadsheet?

In that case, you then have the option of using limitless providers.

All that said, I haven't seen anything specific about 100 per day being a hard cap on Gmail. I have seen some illusions to 500 per day.
I found no way to access SMTP via AppScript. They give you a way to send emails through you gmail but cap it at 100 per day for free accounts.

To be clear that limit applies only to emails sent from AppScript. Your gmail account itself is not limited to 100 emails.

Last edited:

TonZaga

Two Pair
Reaction score
Might be because I included myself but if not, personal link doesn’t work as it was sent as a group message but I would assume if anyone else has group mms setup, it would function the same, no?

6485F9A6-0CC7-4672-9B6C-BFCAEB15749C.png

JustinInMN

Full House
Reaction score
Might be because I included myself but if not, personal link doesn’t work as it was sent as a group message but I would assume if anyone else has group mms setup, it would function the same, no?

View attachment 949504
Yup, I ran into this this week as well. The [PersonalLink] token does not work if the message is sending in "Group" mode.

I am pretty much only going to use "individual mode" for sending going forward. You can still add batches of users by status group.

TonZaga

Two Pair
Reaction score
That's what I was saying in my earlier post about adding everyone from the dropdown vs. looping through the group and sending individual.

TonZaga

Two Pair
Reaction score
In MY perfect world, sending text to groups (i.e. IN, LIKELY, UNKNOWN, ETC.) would iterate through the list of each group and do the same thing that the text to individual would do but automated.

TonZaga

Two Pair
Reaction score
@Al Azouri do you know how the waitlist functions as it's never been in play for my game to this point? If someone is on the list and someone changes from "IN", does the first on the waitlist get moved automatically?

Al Azouri

Two Pair
Reaction score
That's normal behavior. I have a note about this on page 14 of the manual.

Since with Group Send the same message goes to everyone, it's impossible to include a personal link. Personal links are unique to each guest.

You're the second to report this issue, so I'll see what I can do to get the Google Sheet to give you a warning about that.

Al Azouri

Two Pair
Reaction score
@Al Azouri do you know how the waitlist functions as it's never been in play for my game to this point? If someone is on the list and someone changes from "IN", does the first on the waitlist get moved automatically?
That would be nice. But no. At least not yet.

What it does do is track the order the we’re placed on the waitlist. So it’s easy for you to go in the spreadsheet and change someone fro waitlist to in.

TonZaga

Two Pair
Reaction score
That's normal behavior. I have a note about this on page 14 of the manual.

Since with Group Send the same message goes to everyone, it's impossible to include a personal link. Personal links are unique to each guest.

You're the second to report this issue, so I'll see what I can do to get the Google Sheet to give you a warning about that.
I'll dust off my coding skills and see if I can make a function that will read each group, make a list for each, and send individual texts. I'm not in season and I'm more familiar with Python than anything so it may take me a little bit lol

JustinInMN

Full House
Reaction score
In MY perfect world, sending text to groups (i.e. IN, LIKELY, UNKNOWN, ETC.) would iterate through the list of each group and do the same thing that the text to individual would do but automated.
If you set the "send mode" to individual, but still select statuses to add selecting from the "groups" drop-down, you can accomplish what you are saying.

TonZaga

Two Pair
Reaction score
Oh brother…..kill me now
Honestly thought it was choose the method for the TO: that you are choosing.
Can you tell that I didn't read all the instructions? :p

Last edited:

JustinInMN

Full House
Reaction score
Oh brother…..kill me now
Honestly thought it was choose the method for the TO: that you are choosing.
Can you tell that I didn't read all the instructions? :p

Well I did read the instructions and still missed this the first time. So don't feel too bad.

Al Azouri

Two Pair
Reaction score
ll dust off my coding skills and see if I can make a function that will read each group, make a list for each, and send individual texts. I'm not in season and I'm more familiar with Python than anything so it may take me a little bit lol
Go for it. We’d have to make it optional though. Some have said they’d prefer tho choose who comes off the waitlist.

Top Bottom