Making Matsui’s less slick (1 Viewer)

So with a big set of Matsui Zens in my future, have people done any more of this? I have a sample of Matsui radisons I may try this on tomorrow
I have done this with my current zen set (~800ish chips) a year or so back. It's extremely boring but greatly improves slippery-ness. Here is a video where I take a barrel of the sanded chips and simulate a betting motion at increasing speeds. I don't have any "before" pics as comparisons, but I can tell you the barrel was exploding left and right even at the lowest speed I show here.

Yes the sandpaper. But also more specifically wondering if 3M 2000 grit, dry, with 8-10 figure eight passes is the consensus. Compared to a lot of similar topics on PCF this one seems kind of underdeveloped so I’m wondering if there’s more knowledge people can share about the process
I couldn't find any of those super high grit sandpaper at home depot so I think I used 1000. I did 10 seconds of circle 8's on each side of the chip wet sanding. I went through a 10 pack for my 800 chips and I felt like I really had to stretch out the sandpaper I had. In retrospect, I probably would've bought more sandpaper, but I don't think it affected the results all that much to be honest. The sanding process continued to shave off small amounts of material (the water was still changing colors to the color of the chip even when I was almost done with a sheet of sandpaper).

And of course, as mentioned here before, this process didn't affect the chip visually much, if at all. Still looks great.

Should I try this with these chips? Are these the same material?
695F928A-CD9B-49CF-A9FF-3A69246307D7.jpeg

I am going to buy some sandpaper today. Is the 2000 grit paper below sufficient to do the job Or should I go with 3000 grit? Any thoughts?
8CBEC417-C115-4A50-A32B-2BC12BAE80D4.jpeg

1 rack down! It works great!
I used 3 sheets to do 1 rack. On a new sheet I started with 8 circle rotations on each side. As the sheet became more worn I went up to 12 rotations in each side. The chips definitely became less slippery!

Used 30 sheets of sandpaper for 4 racks. The 4 racks are much less slippery. I did dry sanding. Is wet sanding better? Let me know. Thanks!

Used 30 sheets of sandpaper for 4 racks. The 4 racks are much less slippery. I did dry sanding. Is wet sanding better? Let me know. Thanks!
No experience but wet sanding generaly leaves no sanding marks and works as a 'lubricant' (so less harsh)

Just to follow up, the sanding seems to have worked. The chips were fine in play. I did dry sanding with 2000 grit sandpaper, which used up a lot of sandpaper (about 40 sheets). It cost me $6.80/10 sheets. Not sure how wet sanding would compare - but definitely less mess with dry sanding.

Just to follow up, the sanding seems to have worked. The chips were fine in play. I did dry sanding with 2000 grit sandpaper, which used up a lot of sandpaper (about 40 sheets). It cost me $6.80/10 sheets. Not sure how wet sanding would compare - but definitely less mess with dry sanding.
40 sheets :wow:

How many chips did you do?

I used this for my BJ R4.
The R4 became over time quit slippery. Now they got much more friction like in the beginning when they were new. Curious if it holds up.

20220223_144833.jpg

Makes such a difference on these Matsui CIC chips. I didn't even want to use the quarters before... just too slippery. The stacks would fall easily.
Now, I use the Matsui custom quarters with my Bud Jones Shenandoah CIC set that I got from @Spinettis Gaming .
So happy.
20230721_074910.jpg
20230721_075011.jpg
the above picture shows a before and after view of the chips sanded. 1000 grit was used

20230721_092333.jpg

Just tried on some Radissons and can attest to them being much less slippery. I used 2000 grit but think 1500 would have been fine too.

It took all but 5 seconds per side. Was a little hesitant at first but now, think I could have sanded for longer.

715013CB-2BF1-41B7-B385-5BAA8A262E9D.jpeg
E477A48C-C734-4612-9E35-FD52F450CD76.jpeg

Was just going through old photos. These Bud Jones CIC’s definitely don’t need any sanding. They also don’t have the suction effect either. They shuffle great!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom