Making Chip Racks (1 Viewer)

monkeydog

Flush
Reaction score
I've been thinking about making some cases and racks lately and the issue that seems to be the "hardest" to make is the round part of the tray (the U that cradles the chip).

Is there any reason that it needs to be a U? I remember having some old Harold's Club chips that were flat on two sides due to storage in racks that were too high, so the U doesn't solve that issue.

If you had rectangular dividers so that the end view looked like this IOIOIOIOIOI, would it not work as good?

Making sure that the weight of the tray above is carried by the edge of the rack and not the top of the chip?

I've been thinking about making some cases and racks lately and the issue that seems to be the "hardest" to make is the round part of the tray (the U that cradles the chip).

Is there any reason that it needs to be a U? I remember having some old Harold's Club chips that were flat on two sides due to storage in racks that were too high, so the U doesn't solve that issue.

If you had rectangular dividers so that the end view looked like this IOIOIOIOIOI, would it not work as good?

Making sure that the weight of the tray above is carried by the edge of the rack and not the top of the chip?
I don't see why that wouldn't work. I think most cases are made that way, right?

My opinion as I just submitted a design for prototyping .
Main difference is that a chip won't fall flat. Thus, easy to push back up. This is most critical for in-table racks when managing a bank. I think the plastic guys use the rounded profile as it uses less material.

Thus for storage, I don't think rectangular channel is a problem.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom