Major “Poker Cheating Scandal” - Not Mike Postle??? (3 Viewers)

I learned my lesson twenty years ago to stop playing online poker. It never felt right, even when I come out ahead. Too many shenanigans.

You got that right.

2020-05-25_23-34-55.png

Um, how about go clean up at the $20/$40 and shut the fuck up.

lol exactly.

I’m just disappointed with people rationalizing it and even justifying it.

Exactly, and that is the scummy poker world. People on 2+2 perfectly exemplify what I am talking about. It is just this mentality of get $$$ no matter the cost. Very few people care about the overall integrity of the game or lofty principles like that.

I am not justifying the cheaters but I do think it seems to go with the territory. It is kind of like Lance Armstrong. When you are so committed to winning then that type of person just becomes ruthless and the idea of cheating to gain an edge doesn't seem like a big deal. We see it in almost every sport. It is just that mentality to "win at all costs". There is a reason Jungle became the best HU player. Despite Jungle's lack of scruples the guy is the best HU player and crushes even other pros.

Well, jungle answered...
Statement
„I could not do so earlier due to legal advice and financial matters .

To be clear, I started playing with Sina (his last name is not Taleb, for the record) on may 8th and ultimately played very few sessions, none of which were against Dan Bilzerian as claimed.

I played very few hands against Bill Perkins, who sat in a game I understood was rampant with professionals who were ghosting. I thought since many on the site were using pros to play for them (which was clear by the uniquely high level of play) at the time it felt acceptable for me to be playing. Unfortunately Bill got caught in the crossfire and I'm very sorry for that.

While I don't think it's fair that I’ve been singled out for something many were much more guilty of, I accept that as a role model for the poker community my punishment should be disproportionate compared to a normal player. I hold myself to a high standard of ethics and aspire to be devoid of inequity, but I still make mistakes and am sorry for my actions. I will do my best to behave better in the future.

I'd also like to give gratitude to my friends and the people that supported me on the internet and other communications. Your efforts were vital to mitigating this situation and I appreciate your concern for me. Special thanks to Nick Schulman who contacted me to make sure I was ok and started the #Freejungle movement. If anyone else believes in my integrity and that I should not be lambasted over the internet, I would appreciate any support and will appreciate it especially if I know you.“

Well, it was certainly more cordial than Blizerian's cocksucker approach.....

I played very few hands against Bill Perkins, who sat in a game I understood was rampant with professionals who were ghosting. I thought since many on the site were using pros to play for them (which was clear by the uniquely high level of play) at the time it felt acceptable for me to be playing. Unfortunately Bill got caught in the crossfire and I'm very sorry for that.

Weak. This is just like Lance Armstrong's justification. If everyone else is juicing on the tour then why shouldn't I?

While I don't think it's fair that I’ve been singled out for something many were much more guilty of, I accept that as a role model for the poker community my punishment should be disproportionate compared to a normal player. I hold myself to a high standard of ethics and aspire to be devoid of inequity, but I still make mistakes and am sorry for my actions. I will do my best to behave better in the future.

What a steaming pile of BS. Sounds like someone is just sorry they got caught.

The version I read on 2+2 concluded with something like "to those who questioned my integrity, I forgive you"
Which is ridiculous, of course.
Was that inaccurate or deleted or what? Who knows, I suppose.

The version I read on 2+2 concluded with something like "to those who questioned my integrity, I forgive you"
Which is ridiculous, of course.
Was that inaccurate or deleted or what? Who knows, I suppose.
Yeah that was a classy move. Definitely does not seem sorry.

Second time Jungle has been outed for being in the middle of scumbagary btw. First time was when he was aligned with that fake Portuguese online player I forgot the name of.

And the guy still talks integrity? LOL!!!

It sounds like every ‘sincere apology’ ever uttered on the mídia (journalism has died long ago) by the holders of our moral compass in modern society (Hollywood, sports, etc.) SMH.

Last edited:
Weak. This is just like Lance Armstrong's justification. If everyone else is juicing on the tour then why shouldn't I?

What a steaming pile of BS. Sounds like someone is just sorry they got caught.
Exactly what I thought when I read this.

This was discussed on Daniel’s podcast today. Perkins was on. There weren’t any new names dropped or anything, more like just a lot of perspective.
I found it interesting that Daniel was almost willing to excuse Cates because Cates has asperbergers (or autism?), speculating that it might be harder for him to understand why something that is commonly done is morally wrong.

Isnt that Doug from the Hangover?

It is!

I've read about people watching Teen Wolf and Back to the Future back to back as unintended time contiguous parts of the same story, with the mindset that Scott Howard and Marty McFly as a single character.

I bet you could do the same with National Treasure and Hangover with Riley and Doug's characters. After he rolls off with the riches and the Ferrari, he finds a girl, and heads off to Vegas for his bachelor party. :):p

This is just like Lance Armstrong's justification. If everyone else is juicing on the tour then why shouldn't I?

And IMO, he was dead right -- it was required in order to be competitive, and not just at the TdF. The people really at fault in cycling were the teams' management and sponsors, who knew what was going on and skated away unsullied. Including USPS, which really stunk.

And IMO, he was dead right -- it was required in order to be competitive, and not just at the TdF. The people really at fault in cycling were the teams' management and sponsors, who knew what was going on and skated away unsullied. Including USPS, which really stunk.
Yeah I was with lance 100% through all of the doping. Where he probably lost me is that apparently he was a big jerk about trying to cover it up and threatened to, tried to, or did ruin people's careers, while trying to do so. I'm not aware of all the facts, this is just what I've skimmed from reliable sources. So, he might be a jerk and he's technically a cheater but I still celebrate his unparalleled drive and success on two wheels. (Oh and I think he did a lot of good for cancer patients too)

To quote Bill Burr, "our 'roided up guy beat your 'roided up guy!" :ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Part 2 (of 2) of the Lance Armstrong 30-for-30 is on ESPN on Sunday.

There is also a Greg Lemond 30-for-30 if you prefer your cycling without doping.

Last edited:
If you guys are following this scandal, check out DAT Poker Podcast this week. They are interviewing Bill Perkins.
This is crazy! Apparently, they were using TeamViewer for screen sharing so that jungle man can ghost, but the guy still looks like he’s playing on camera.

That’s sick! And makes playing online scary as shit!

If you guys are following this scandal, check out DAT Poker Podcast this week. They are interviewing Bill Perkins.
This is crazy! Apparently, they were using TeamViewer for screen sharing so that jungle man can ghost, but the guy still looks like he’s playing on camera.

The funniest part was the way they "caught" them, Bill said they were overheard discussing the TeamViewer controls at the beginning of a session and didn't realize the mic was on for the poker group..... :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom