Majistic poker chips at apache (1 Viewer)

tatertot

High Hand
Reaction score
New member here. What do members think of the majistic chips from apache? Are these decent chips?

I have a couple hundred to use for cash games after people bust out of our main event. They are good starter chips or for when the drunks are spilling drinks or eating pizza and doritos while handling. If anything happens to them you won't feel as bad since they aren't as heavy of an investment. They definitely need a coat of oil at first to clean them up and get the colors to pop.

But they definitely don't compare to a nice set of Paulson's or a set from CPC.

Your other option would be ceramics, something like the Tiki Kings have a very cool look to them and are still under $0.75 per chip.

https://brpropoker.com/collections/tiki-kings/products/tiki-ceramic-poker-chip

Just my opinions. Good luck with whatever you choose!

Thanks for the feedback. I have friends who want something other than the cheap plastic they now have. They love playing with my paulsons but are not looking to pay the price yet. i am working on them.

Welcome to PCF! I agree that the Majestics are definitely not Paulsons, but I think they're a great entry point into chipping, and a huge improvement over plastic or dice chips. Get samples to determine what you like.

And if you like Majestics and want a 30-person tournament set, I have one for sale and would be willing to cut the price for a new member. Send me a message if you are interested.

I personally don’t play poker with anyone who cares about chips as much as I do. They’re happy with China clay, they’re happy with Paulson. Mostly they’re worried about the game, socializing, etc.

Long story short, I think China clays are a great option to have a full set when you don’t have the bank for a luxury set.

I have 1200 Milano and I’ve noticed the run that I got needs oiling if they go unused. They revert back to the chalky. I haven’t heard that about Majestics so they might be worth the extra $.10 per chip for aesthetics and extra effort.

I personally don’t play poker with anyone who cares about chips as much as I do. They’re happy with China clay, they’re happy with Paulson. Mostly they’re worried about the game, socializing, etc.
My players are exactly the same way. When I had my first set of dice chips 15+ years ago and slapped cheap custom labels on them, they were impressed. Upgraded to Nexgens with slightly better labels and a 10-seat table - they thought we were big time. When I reveal my new Royal CC chips with new vinyl labels when I host my next game (hopefully late May / early June), and show them the custom plaques - they are gonna lose their shit.

Long story short, I think China clays are a great option to have a full set when you don’t have the bank for a luxury set.

I have 1200 Milano and I’ve noticed the run that I got needs oiling if they go unused. They revert back to the chalky. I haven’t heard that about Majestics so they might be worth the extra $.10 per chip for aesthetics and extra effort.
I agree with this. I have a 1200 chip Majestic travel set that we use for our Monthly game. Everyone at the game thinks the Majestic chips are amazing! Even when we play my Paulson set, I think I'm the only one really exited about it.

Majestics are very durable since they are made out of more "plastic" but still have a different feel than cheap dice chips. They are perfect for games where chips aren't respected. I've played them for 2-3 years now with minimal wear. The colors are great, the feel is great. Not to knock on the Milanos but that was one of my options early and the colors just didn't pop for me. There are a couple of issues with Majestics such as 21 per barrel in a rack, etc, but honestly you can't beat them for the price. Highly recommended.

I agree with this. I have a 1200 chip Majestic travel set that we use for our Monthly game. Everyone at the game thinks the Majestic chips are amazing! Even when we play my Paulson set, I think I'm the only one really exited about it.

Majestics are very durable since they are made out of more "plastic" but still have a different feel than cheap dice chips. They are perfect for games where chips aren't respected. I've played them for 2-3 years now with minimal wear. The colors are great, the feel is great. Not to knock on the Milanos but that was one of my options early and the colors just didn't pop for me. There are a couple of issues with Majestics such as 21 per barrel in a rack, etc, but honestly you can't beat them for the price. Highly recommended.

My Majestics fit 20 perfectly in my 66.7mm Paulson racks. My other cheaper racks from Amazon are probably closer to 67.7mm where you can squeeze and extra chip in sometimes.

Just chiming in to the chorus of "buy samples".

Spending $50-$60 might seem excessive when considering a $300 purchase, but spending $300 on something you are dissatisfied with is even worse.

That said, I have loaned my samples to a friend who got the chance to play with and handle a number of different chips. When he included price into the mix, quickly decided to go with the Majestics. Everybody is different though. Expendable income vs. desire for something better is something you must weigh for yourself.

My Majestics fit 20 perfectly in my 66.7mm Paulson racks. My other cheaper racks from Amazon are probably closer to 67.7mm where you can squeeze and extra chip in sometimes.
Hmmm. This is good to know. I think what happened was I bought the cheap amazon racks early on for my Majestics and later bought the expensive Unique racks for my Paulsons. They also measure 66.7. I never really checked the fit of the Unique racks with my Majestics. You are right, the Majestics do fit 20 with just a little bit of extra room. I guess I need to find some more good racks and swap the cheapos out. Thanks!

(updated, just ordered some chipco racks from Apache which are also 66.7. Looking forward to ditching the others.)

Last edited:
Just chiming in to the chorus of "buy samples".

Spending $50-$60 might seem excessive when considering a $300 purchase, but spending $300 on something you are dissatisfied with is even worse.

That said, I have loaned my samples to a friend who got the chance to play with and handle a number of different chips. When he included price into the mix, quickly decided to go with the Majestics. Everybody is different though. Expendable income vs. desire for something better is something you must weigh for yourself.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-MAJESTI...811184?hash=item545de91cb0:g:vfIAAOSwwAdbIYtm

Why spend $6.99 on eBay with $4.99 shipping, when you can get them from Apache (my link) for $5.99, +$4.50 shipping, and still have 9 other sets to get samples of (and Apache combines shipping)?
My bad. I didn't see the shipping. And now I understand where your $50-$60 came from. More bang for your buck directly from Apache, @tatertot
https://www.apachepokerchips.com/

Or this...
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...ulsons-ccs-ceramics-perfect-for-newbie.56864/

My players are exactly the same way. When I had my first set of dice chips 15+ years ago and slapped cheap custom labels on them, they were impressed. Upgraded to Nexgens with slightly better labels and a 10-seat table - they thought we were big time. When I reveal my new Royal CC chips with new vinyl labels when I host my next game (hopefully late May / early June), and show them the custom plaques - they are gonna lose their shit.
I’d like to see a picture of your new set w the custom vinyl labels. Can you send to me?

I recently bought a sample set and was not impressed at first sight. But after handling the chips for a couple of days, I had to change my mind.

I guess these are a nice and small budget option to for custom labels (actually, I might go for a small semi custom set). I can not agree about the "smell" issue ... at least the samples I have do not smell at all.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom