Majestic Card Room or Royal Card Room chips? (1 Viewer)

It's been done -- that condition is caused by the two injected colored materials overlapping inside of the mold, and/or spreading outside of their designated mold area(s).

Then I will defer to you. Murder Science hurts my soul.

Well I had a few that went through science during shipping. Heres a look inside...

1565911875058.png

1565911881963.png

Replying to OP and anyone else interested CCs. If you’re in the CC market I don’t think you can really go wrong here between the Majestics and Royals.

As noted in earlier posts - size (39mm vs 44mm) and coloring are you biggest function/form factors. If cost is an issue for you, the Majestics may be a better fit.

The color on the Royals is more vibrant, but if you prefer the look of the Majestics, go for it.

At the end of the day, they are both CC’s and serve this segment of the market well.

Post these pics in the main PrOn thread! That tower is sweet.

Are we SURE about that?

If you look 2 posts above yours you'll see pics to prove that the edgespots are separate material. It's thin material - the edgespots colors don't go thru the entire way. Kind of just sandwiched over top of the base color.

I guess that's just how it works with injection molding.

If you look 2 posts above yours you'll see pics to prove that the edgespots are separate material. It's thin material - the edgespots colors don't go thru the entire way. Kind of just sandwiched over top of the base color.

Saw those, thanks

I'd like to see more pictures of these Royals - Anyone have a set photographed?
Thanks to those who have already posted! (Got me to order a sample set yesterday)

the edgespots are separate material. It's thin material - the edgespots colors don't go thru the entire way. Kind of just sandwiched over top of the base color.

I've seen it done both ways on older china clays -- some with solid spots and some with overlaid color material -- but a thin over-coating of spot color material seems to be the norm with more recently-produced chips. I'm guessing it's more stable in regards to the spots potentially breaking apart during use.

I had a set of Majestic's and I didn't like the dark labels. Otherwise they were fine.

From personal experience, and for what it's worth, judging from samples, Milanos smelled; Majestics did not.

If I recall, there may have been a very faint smell on the Royals upon delivery - nothing terrible. However, since delivery they have been cleaned, oiled, and seen game play. No smell whatsoever that I can detect.

I received some Majestics just a couple months ago. I really like them. They do have a bit of an odour, but it's not overpowering by any stretch of the imagination, and it diminshed slightly when I oiled them (I added some Grape Seed Oil for flavour xD)

They look very subdued on delivery but oiling brings out the colour very nicely. I got samples of the Majs and Royals before settling for the Majs. The Royals just seemed too clunky due to their size, plus my existing chip case only takes 39mm(?) chips.

The pink quarter was a significant deciding factor for me, however, if this is the case for you, a word of warning is that they're not a very vibrant pink, even after oiling, more a salmon colour.

The thing that tilts the scales in favor of Royals (for me) is the edge spot patterns are different on all but two chips (light blue/pink are the same and gray/orange are the same).

I also like the uniqueness of the 43mm chip throughout the entire set. Very cool.

I think the colors of the higher denomination royals are quite amazing. I have samples of both and I like them both. I like the smaller 39mm chips for poker generally but the colors of the royals win out for me. The majestic to me just seem slightly dull compared to the royals. I am considering getting a set of royals just to play some blackjack or something with friends .

Kind of off-topic, but do vendors like Apache typically have Black Friday deals on chips like Majestics or Royals? Or are the deals usually reserved for the high-end chips? Asking for a friend ;)

Kind of off-topic, but do vendors like Apache typically have Black Friday deals on chips like Majestics or Royals? Or are the deals usually reserved for the high-end chips? Asking for a friend ;)
I also have a friend interested in this. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

T
25cent in pinks would be nice
Never understood the appeal of pink quarters outside of Cali colors. Much prefer blue to help with color balancing and not be dominated by warm colors. Maybe it's the former designer in me.

Same here. Not asking for a friend.

Ugh. Here comes another sample set. So much to consider...

I now have a sample sets of both. I must say the colors of the Royals are quite nice. So much brighter than the rest of the China clays. The 25k chip is beautiful. I don't like the 43mm size at all. Just doesn't feel right. At this moment I like the majestic's the most out of the cc's I have, slightly above the milanos, dunes and Phoroah's I think the Majestic'ss would be a nice set to have. With the bonus that they won't cost me a house payment to get 500 of them.

Was hoping for some kind of discount today, but apparently not. Bummer. Just got a $100 gift card/plaque last night, too.

Anyone have photos of the following? Photos of them stacked or in play would be great. Interested in what the cash game stacks and micro stakes look from the sides or racked up. I will be needing nickels and thinking the Royal 100,000 pink chip unlabeled or the Majestic... Thinking the 50 cent orange or 5000 brown would be good unlabeled stand in for the 5 cent chip. Thoughts? interested in seeing your low stakes cash game collections.

• Royals Cash Game Set
  • Majestic Cash Game Set

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom