Mail + Texas storms = nothing (1 Viewer)

DrStrange

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
In the midst of no power, no water, no gasoline it is easy to forget about the mail. It appears that happened at the post office too.

We haven't had mail in a week. No junk mail, no first class mail, no bills, no catalogs. I would guess stuff we mailed is in limbo too. I fear getting one of those "you have to come to the post office to get your mail" notices. Which translates to a long wait in a cold line to get a crate stuffed with dollar off coupons, in store shopping fliers, of course the catalogs and three pieces of "useful" <bills> mail that you better not miss.

And we must not forget that the post office isn't allowed overtime or extra mail runs. Wonder how long it takes to unwind this fiasco? Does this make us "exceptional"?

Same thing with other deliveries. No Amazon packages for a week. We have an order for rise and bake croissants somewhere in transit. Maybe it didn't thaw in the shipping container? DO you have any idea how tasty it would be to find a plate of hot home cooked pastries on the table for breakfast this morning? I mean toast is fine, but a hot, flaky piece of perfection slathered with peach jam put up last summer is a gift from the Gods. Instead, I'll get a slice of ten day old wheat bread toast - extra dry.

DrStrange

Hope the weather gets better soon for you guys soon.. Sounds really extreme to be without water and electricity for several days on end. Hope you all have good warm clothes and access to at least basic food and drinks. How's the forecast like for the next days?

The good news is both of you will not get COVID during all this. You ran that gauntlet already.

I’ve lived in extreme climates my whole life, Phoenix, Dhahran, Amsterdam (rains 250 days a year) and now Aspen Park at 8000 ft.

I guess I’ve been lucky. It was never too hot in AZ for the power and water to work...same in Saudi. It’s never been too cold to shut down roads and power up here in Aspen Park for long too. it never rained so much we flooded in Holland. I’ve got a generator, 2 cords of wood, all the snow I could melt and drink and gas to run the plow/ATVs. So far I’ve been very lucky.

where is the Cajun Navy when you need ‘em?

I hope it all gets sorted quickly Scott.

Just happy you are keeping well enough to post and share your troubles.

What you are going through isn't fair dealings from mother nature. It's warm up here, and cold down there. It's all wrong

Just take care and stay healthy!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom