Magic the Gathering - Anyone out there? MTG (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Hey, just checking if there's anyone out there that plays, collects or used to collect Magic the Gathering? this will either be the shortest thread in the off topic lounge or may end up being a forum where you or I can leverage some chips and/or cards of value. I have a small stack of cards I'll be posting up on eBay shortly to help generate some cash to help fund this new chip thing lol. Wondered how many out there are thinking the same thing. Maybe get some trades going or just post some pr0N. I'll just leave it at that. Anyone out there?

Reminisce
Discuss
Post pr0n
Trade, buy or sell. (If that's even allowed here)

Yup, played Commander usually twice a month before the poker chip addiction took over last month, haven’t played since probably February.

A lot of similarities in the hobbies! Specifically spending hundreds or thousands of dollars out of nowhere.

Damn! I started around Return to Ravnica, but all the guys I play with started around 10th edition. We were really into modern for quite some years. Then we found Commander in 2018-2019 and never looked back.

Damn! I started around Return to Ravnica, but all the guys I play with started around 10th edition. We were really into modern for quite some years. Then we found Commander in 2018-2019 and never looked back.
Nice. You still play or have cards? I stopped a few years ago but still have everything.

Reactions: Sap
Hey, just checking if there's anyone out there that plays, collects or used to collect Magic the Gathering? this will either be the shortest thread in the off topic lounge or may end up being a forum where you or I can leverage some chips and/or cards of value. I have a small stack of cards I'll be posting up on eBay shortly to help generate some cash to help fund this new chip thing lol. Wondered how many out there are thinking the same thing. Maybe get some trades going or just post some pr0N. I'll just leave it at that. Anyone out there?

Reminisce
Discuss
Post pr0n
Trade, buy or sell. (If that's even allowed here)
Why cant you just play D&D like the rest of us nerds.... Please don't make me start posting old D&D pics (or do, I'm kinda proud of some of it)

I just started a small business to funnel all my personal TCG investments through (Just Magic and Pokemon so far, I don't know anything about Flesh&Blood yet). WOTC has made finding new investable sealed product very challenging during the past couple years, but there are a few nuggets here and there. I'm hopeful WOTC can figure out their print runs and power creep, and that Standard makes a comeback. Everything seems to be about commander now. I cracked some Unfinity boxes and made some $$. From other sets I've got a few sealed set boxes, some collector boxes, and a few sets of commander decks.

When I get around to it, I plan to crack some commander deck sets, sleeve them, and play the game for the first time in literally decades. The Warhammer decks look amazing. They got a ton of reprints, so I'm hoping WOTC picks four more factions and makes four more Warhammer commander decks.

I played from 1995 until the mid 2000’s or so. But as I got more and more into poker I got further and further away from M:tG. Loved the game, hated how fast new sets came out and how much it cost to keep up.

One of my players is still very active and loves to tell me how much all the cards I had are worth now lol.

Part of the inspiration for my first custom set came from a Magic card.

416D26E2-F445-4B53-9FDD-F984E31A11C2.jpeg

Sold all my cards during COVID and then spent months on the commanded 32 deck challenge which I then proxied. Was able to get really high quality proxies at 17¢/card from makeplayingcards.com. Went for really high power level because I was proxying anyways and the intent was to have a set of decks that friends could play with that don’t have decks. Average deck would have costs thousands if not proxied. I’ll post some pics of the whole setup later

Been sitting on 2 factory sealed urza's saga booster packs since...well...'98. I often debate selling them, but just never seemed worth getting raked by eBay fees. Seems to only be gaining value over the years.
Playing type 2 tournaments during the Urza block was ridiculous. People think things are overpowered now… in a standard tournament playing with 4 cradles and four grim monoliths was insane lol. Good old days.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom