Madness in Michigan, June 6th-9th, 2019

detroitdad

Royal Flush
I decided about 10 minutes ago that I will be hosting a Michigan Meet Up. Colleen is on board with it.

27 players max.

I have one bed and one couch for guests. @abby99 gets the bed if she wants it. The couch is smallish, but will go to one of the hosts that has provided me with sleeping arrangements. I have plenty of room out back for tents if that is your thing. I can also provide a three room tent if needed.

I will provide dinner on FRI. Dinner will be dependent on how many guests there are and if my wife is willing to prepare something. It very well could be sloppy joes.

I will also provide bottled water and soda. I will have some beer and bourbon available. I don't have the bankroll to provide unlimited alcohol.

THURSDAY

Location to be determined. If @ChaosRock , @mike32 @Marc Hedrick @Azcat can't host it on THUR. I will.

FRIDAY 11am - 2am

Friday will be cash all damn day. There will be two tables of .25/.50 cash poker with a 100 max buy in, half the deep stack rebuys. Both tables will be dealers choice. The third table will either be .25/.50 dealers choice or 3/6 limit dealers choice.

The sunsets will start off on Friday providing the chips for the two NL/PL dealers choice tables. We will use the sunsets until dinner time. At that time guests sets will be invited to hit the felt. If you want to bring a guest set please PM me.

SATURDAY 11am to 2pm

Cash poker. Same as Friday. Guests sets, or one of my many cash sets will be in play.

SATURDAY @ 2pm: MAIN EVENT TOURNAMENT (30 players max)

Buy in : $120.00's. $100 to the prize pool. $20.00 for dinner. Probably some type of BBQ

The tourney will be a NLHE and PLO round x round tourney. @Azcat will be in charge of the tourney (I guess I should ask him lol). We will be using his Harrow club tourney set.

SATURDAY @ 6pm: DINNER BREAK
Catered Dinner @ Home

SATURDAY AFTER TOURNAMENT
Cash Games to open as tables become available. Play to continue into Sunday am.

-------

GENERAL
I will have a variety of snacks, liquor, and sodas available all weekend. Donations to subsidize food & drinks are appreciated but not required. If you have a specific drink you want, either bring it or let me know!

If you bring a guest set and want to get it into play you will be required to run the bank while the sets are in play.

The above post is simply an outline of how the weekend could go. If "x" amount of players want to get a one table tourney going, a dedicated NLHE table, ect....that will be fine. The key this weekend will be to have a great time!

Bill

I'm sure I'll be editing the OP as I think of shit.

Chip pictures will be posted shortly!!!

Last edited:

detroitdad

Royal Flush
Last edited:
Well I was 95% out anyway, but i harboured a tiny dream that I might run good and book a sneaky flight over east during my Vegas stay.

Unfortunately my wife and her sisters and bro in laws arrive to meet me in LA on 6th.

I’m out :(

And I’m in obv. Edit: not as in as I thought I’d be. Middle son high school graduation 6/8/19. I’ll still play some I’m sure. Ironically we’ll be right next door at Eastern Michigan University.

Last edited:

detroitdad

Royal Flush
priority wil go to members wanting to come out for all three days. I don't anticipate any problems. June is probably tough to fill anyways

I've been wanting to move up from attending 2 meetups a year to maybe 3 (4 or more :wow:) in the future. I've already scheduled 2 meetups for 19' with a 3rd as a strong possibility.

Will watch with interest but would say noncommittal at this time. :watching:

Top Bottom