• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine Made offer on these Jockey Club (Bud Jones?) chips in Centralia, WA (2 Viewers)

navels

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
Just made an offer on these: https://offerup.com/item/detail/342092558

Seems to be 760 chips.

1.jpg

Good luck, I got a sample of them and they are nice. Well, these might not be....

Hrm. No idea how this site works, but I'll be driving thru there on the 21st.

I'm talking to him now, he actually was just where I live. But yes, they are sold. Too bad...

I recently stayed at the Jockey Club in Vegas. Right next to the Bellagio. Good deal for an older building.

sorry Navels, I didn't snake them from you. I saw them before you posted and was working on arranging pick up. As much as highly as I think of everyone on this site, I don't find the need to ask for permission to make local purchases.

and I doubt everyone on this forum sells the chips they find on craiglist/offerup for the same price they bought them. lets not be silly. If someone wants to pay the price on the open market then that's cool with me. Notice is didn't list them for sale here....

and I doubt everyone on this forum sells the chips they find on craiglist/offerup for the same price they bought them. lets not be silly. If someone wants to pay the price on the open market then that's cool with me. Notice is didn't list them for sale here....
No judgement, I’ve openly picked up chips locally and announced that I was flipping them for eBay market prices via a “Mine” ad. It was more of a cautionary post to Navels about posting deals that he has an interest in acquiring. Good on you for finding and acting quickly on local deals.

No judgement, I’ve openly picked up chips locally and announced that I was flipping them for eBay market prices via a “Mine” ad. It was more of a cautionary post to Navels about posting deals that he has an interest in acquiring. Good on you for finding and acting quickly on local deals.
ty. like I expressed above. I really like this site. I sold things on here to members and shipped them out before receiving payment for them. I would never consider doing that anywhere else. We are ALL trying to search for a great deal on chips all across the nation. we are sickos.

If we really "helped everyone out" we'd try to let locals get the chips first then try to get someone to ship them 10,000 miles if no locals want them /can't get them. But we seem to work the other way, "helping ourselves first" then lambasting any local douchebags who innocently try to pick up chips near them without daring to check and see if the vultures are already on them.

If we really "helped everyone out" we'd try to let locals get the chips first then try to get someone to ship them 10,000 miles if no locals want them /can't get them. But we seem to work the other way, "helping ourselves first" then lambasting any local douchebags who innocently try to pick up chips near them without daring to check and see if the vultures are already on them.

what?

@ekricket Are you implying that I'm not a not a local? if that's the case that is incorrect. chips were 2hrs from me and 1 hour from navels. same state. when I said arrange pick up I was calling a buddy that lives a little closer.

Last edited:
I didn't know the jockey club ever had their own tables. If anybody has any of these I'd be interested in buying one for my collection.

I wish we could post on the eBay page "This guy bought these for $125". I wonder if it would kill his sales. Clearly I'm still a bit salty about my recent loss too :).

I wonder if the same person is also the one that spoils our potential deals. If forum members are the ones buying his/her supply, it helps him to keep us wanting.

Taking off the tin hat now...

Seems unnecessary.

Fair enough, I apologize. I just lost out on a 3000+ ASM chip deal for $100 because some bitter Betty decided that if he/she didn't get them then they would spoil it for everyone. Apparently the bitterness was contagious. I should just keep my mouth shut :). Sorry @Mtverninbryan.

@Mtvernonbryan I think you just misunderstood @ekricket .

Sounds like he was expressing something I've been thinking about lately, which happens too often with craigslist type sales here.

A lot of times local person (you) states they're gunning for chips, and another PCFer across the country from you/seller calls the seller and fucks it up.
Starts a bidding war, seller realises how much they're worth, and sometimes stops the sale and puts them on eBay for 10x asking price cause "across the country boy" fucked it all up.

All is fair in chipping, but lately I've been thinking most of us should "but out of it" if someone local (within few hours drive) is gunning for it. So as not to fuck it up for everyone.

(I'm not saying anyone in this thread did anything wrong at all. I'm thinking of other similar threads that went sideways, and I think @ekricket was expressing the same thing.)

Now, please don't misinterpret my words and crucify me. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

@Mtvernonbryan I think you just misunderstood @ekricket .

Sounds like he was expressing something I've been thinking about lately, which happens too often with craigslist type sales here.

A lot of times local person (you) states they're gunning for chips, and another PCFer across the country from you/seller calls the seller and fucks it up.
Starts a bidding war, seller realises how much they're worth, and sometimes stops the sale and puts them on eBay for 10x asking price cause "across the country boy" fucked it all up.

All is fair in chipping, but lately I've been thinking most of us should "but out of it" if someone local (within few hours drive) is gunning for it. So as not to fuck it up for everyone.

(I'm not saying anyone in this thread did anything wrong at all. I'm thinking of other similar threads that went sideways, and I think @ekricket was expressing the same thing.)

Now, please don't misinterpret my words and crucify me. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Yes this exactly. I saw an earlier comment about a "bitter Betty"
I don't think there is one, I think there are four or five regulars who are constantly tripping over each other in their hungry hungry hippo quest to have them all - even if they don't need them - just to flip them to others here or elsewhere. It's just a dollar game to them and the local chippers who they could help become an ATM to them.

Last edited:
Yes this exactly. I saw an earlier comment about a "bitter Betty"
I don't think there is one, I think there are four or five regulars who are constantly tripping over each other in their hungry hungry hippo quest to have them all - even if they don't need them - just to flip them to others here or elsewhere. It's just a dollar game to them and the locals who they could help become an ATM to them.

Who? That’s a pretty damning statement. If you’re that confident people are exploiting the rest of the community that badly, then why hide them?

If you’re just going on a witch hunt, probably best not to make such grand accusations.

Suggestion #1 - If you see chips and want them, buy them. Do not post them giving everyone the opportunity to snipe them from you. Until the chips are in your hands do not post.
Suggestion #2 - If you buy said chips post them for what you want. If they are priced too high you will probably end sitting on them for a long time, possibly end up losing your credibility here and suffer from bad chip Karma - Yes this is a real thing!
Suggestion #3 - Do not start calling people out from either side of this or any discussion. These should be handled by a pm.

and finally we all look after each other here. If someone is truly trying to get one over on the community people will know and continue chipping accordingly.

Also this post was not making judgement on anyone in this thread but I felt I needed to make a statement.

These statements that I made are my own opinion and in no way reflect the opinions of this site

David O

Keep on Chipping!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom