Mad-Town Throwdown (MTTD) VI - May 16-19, 2019

Trihonda

Straight Flush
Reaction score
Is there any interest in touring the local New Glarus Brewery? They make the infamous Spotted Cow that everyone seems to like.

When Gil (Albino Dragon) came to the MTTD a few years back, he and I went on a tour of the brewery. It was a lot of fun! I was thinking that we could do a tour for those interested either on Sunday afternoon or the Thursday afternoon preceding the kickoff cookout on the 16th?

View attachment 210756

View attachment 210755

New Glarus is a quaint little town of Swiss heritage, and most of the buildings look like Swiss chalets. The brewery is no different. New Glarus is less than a 30 minute drive.

View attachment 210761

Just a reminder for anyone coming on Thursday, a number of us are going to do a brew tour of the spotted cow brewery in New Glarus. We will probably be leaving a little after lunch time. If you plan to get into town early and want to join us, let me know..

Also, here’s a video documentary on the brewery and the spotted cow beer. If you’re bored.

CraigT78

Full House
Reaction score
Just a reminder for anyone coming on Thursday, a number of us are going to do a brew tour of the spotted cow brewery in New Glarus. We will probably be leaving a little after lunch time. If you plan to get into town early and want to join us, let me know..

Also, here’s a video documentary on the brewery and the spotted cow beer. If you’re bored.

I so wish I was attending. You guys better post lots of pics (of the beers)!!

Trihonda

Straight Flush
Reaction score
2 more days.... 2 more days....!!!!
Fake newz. It’s only one day now. One freakin day. So much to do, so little time. You should take off early on Thu and join us for the New Glarus tour. We are also planning a stop at Der Rathskeller for a beer on the lakefront.

21919BC2-8CB1-4420-9E2B-AA581640F8EC.jpeg

Trihonda

Straight Flush
Reaction score
I have taken Thursday off. Yet to be seen if I can make the tour, etc.
We are doing Gyros at Athen’s Grill for lunch. :). Then heading to New Glarus. Time permitting, we will head to the lakefront for a beer in the famous Union Der Rathskeller.

Then back to casa de Honda for a cookout of brats and jerked chicken. :). Oh and then we play some cards. :).

Trihonda

Straight Flush
Reaction score
When you think there’s no way I didn’t get enough buns... then start to second guess yourself. (Actually I did purchase more but they somehow failed to put two of my packages of buns into my cart...). Costco fail...

3AFC104F-9538-4577-9D7A-7D5B7788E6A4.jpeg

abby99

Full House
Reaction score
Erik, do you need a set with lots of $1 chips for a limit game (2/4, 3/6, or 4/8)?

Trihonda

Straight Flush
Reaction score
Erik, do you need a set with lots of $1 chips for a limit game (2/4, 3/6, or 4/8)?
If need be, I have a non-denom 1000 chip ASM limit set, but limit isn't my thing, and my set isn't spectacular. If folks desire to play limit and want to show off an awesome set, by all means bring it along. :)

B27404B8-9463-4A34-87A0-C29F62BC7981.jpeg

MC Poker

Pair
Reaction score
Hello everyone, heading down to meet you all tomorrow!! I didnt book a room yet, IF anyone has a ABNB with an open room theyd like to rent let me know, going to book a room for Tomorrow and Sat at local hotel otherwise!! Look forward to meeting everyone tomorrow!!

Top Bottom