Macey Barrister Bookcase (1 Viewer)

MegaTon44

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
Just picked up an antique Macey Barrister Bookcase (circa 1900-1910) for the chips, setups, and accessories
uploadfromtaptalk1461199183127.jpg

Beautiful. I wish I had room for one of these in my house. Love it.

Now, what I notice about this photo besides the lovely cabinet...is that there is plenty of room for more chips in there!!!

Get to work! :)

Thanks so much for the kind words. With the current layout, that's about 4,000 chips. I figure if I move out the accessories and setups, stack the racks 5 high, I can probably fit another 10,000 more in there.

Only problem is convincing my wife to allow me to get another 10,000 chips. [emoji3]

Just picked up an antique Macey Barrister Bookcase (circa 1900-1910) for the chips, setups, and accessoriesView attachment 39132
That looks familiar...you and I've got the same bookcase! It's fantastic for chips.

I've got 2400 or so Riversides in the middle shelf of mine and there is room for more. My only concern is the weight of all those chips.

That looks familiar...you and I've got the same bookcase! It's fantastic for chips.

I've got 2400 or so Riversides in the middle shelf of mine and there is room for more. My only concern is the weight of all those chips.
I was concerned as well, but on the top of each section, there is a 1" solid maple/pine/some kind of wood plank running the width of the case. Seems sturdy, but you're right, I'll have to assess before adding more.

And that reminds me, I only have a 3pc TRK sample set in there. I need to fix that [emoji4]

Made it really easy to get home from the antiques show too. (y) :thumbsup:

Very nice pick-up, my friend.

Last edited:
I've always loved barrister bookcases. Extremely well-made, and for what you get, they are a bargain compared to so-called "high end" new furniture.

Awesome find--you've got a baller chip case now....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom