Lucky Derby Labeled - finished [pics] (1 Viewer)

200 Motels

Flush
Reaction score
I finally pulled the trigger on some matte non laminated labels with Gear and I they turned out great imo.

Only the denom side is labeled. My only regrets are the denom color on the quarter and the $20. Woulda went for light orange and light purple. Otherwise I'm pretty satisfied. They've been true to their name (lucky) two $.25/$.25 games these have been in, I'm up $220.

Here's the gallery.

http://www.pokerchipforum.com/media/albums/lucky-derby-tribute.615/

Those turned out great. Do the labels sit below the surface of the chip? i.e. no spinners?

I used a flat wood carving tool to flatten out the hotstamp side. It took some practice smoothing the hotstamp. It's tricky to avoid scraping to deep. A few of them have some real noticeable gouges underneath the label now. Most of them turned out excellent with no imprint of the hotstamp visible underneath the label. There are no spinners at all, but there likely would have been if I used the laminated labels.

I used a flat wood carving tool to flatten out the hotstamp side. It took some practice smoothing the hotstamp. It's tricky to avoid scraping to deep. A few of them have some real noticeable gouges underneath the label now. Most of them turned out excellent with no imprint of the hotstamp visible underneath the label. There are no spinners at all, but there likely would have been if I used the laminated labels.

What tool would you recommend? I have a rack I'm looking to scrape the hotstamps off of and relabel.

Man those look sweet. Nice job. How do the non laminated labels hold up to water/beer ? Looking forward to my sample set to do some testing.

Too bad you couldn't find a buyer for yours. You might have better luck parting them out by the rack. I was hoping yours sold as it would increase the value of mine. I intend on putting my set up for sale after my ASM set arrives. (months from now).

Anyhow, this is what I used.
http://canada.michaels.com/on/deman...sCanada-Site/en_CA/Product-Show?pid=M10310266
http://canada.michaels.com/on/deman...sCanada-Site/en_CA/Product-Show?pid=M10310266

The flat edged blade on the right in the package. I scraped the center of each chip lightly (only the denom side). Sometimes I hadn't scraped lightly enough which caused some gauges which were visible under the label.

I'd recommend getting a few sample labels, scraping down one, dusting it off, then apply the label. If you can see the imprint of the denom, then remove and scrap more. This gave me an idea of how far I had to scrape. You don't need the denom gone but you need it mostly flat so you can't feel it.

Hope that helps.

It's my understanding that Gear Labels (where I got these printed) also offers milling. Might be worth the money as this took a good amount of time. But hey, on the East coast our time isn't worth as much as the rest of Canada. ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom