• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine Lucky Bees + Mahogany Case for $59 in NY (1 Viewer)

MegaTon44

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing super profound, but the case alone is worth asking. Could be a decent grab for a local. Looks like 500 chips to me, not 750, so be aware.

https://longisland.craigslist.org/spo/d/brightwaters-750-poker-chip-set/7264917917.html

00u0u_lWxBi3aNokRz_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, still looking for greens and purples. No purples in this set, but I'd be interested in the greens. Or if someone just wants the case, we could probably work something out for all of the chips.

I’m not familiar with these. Are these china clay or plastic? Is there more of these out in wild?

I have a friend who doesn’t want to spend any money and doesn’t care about nice chips. But he wants to put his own custom label on a set. He still raves about a set I gave him which were basically dice chips with denomination hot stamped on them. I sent him info on some of the nice china clay ones at our vendors, and he wasn’t impressed. Lol. It appears there is a nice enough recess to put a label on these. I am not local so don’t plan to buy these, but could look for these in the future. I may put a set together for him since I play at his place a lot.

Or if someone has another recommendation for a very cheap set that can be labeled. He reallly only needs 400 or so chips for his cash game.

I’m not familiar with these. Are these china clay or plastic? Is there more of these out in wild?

I have a friend who doesn’t want to spend any money and doesn’t care about nice chips. But he wants to put his own custom label on a set. He still raves about a set I gave him which were basically dice chips with denomination hot stamped on them. I sent him info on some of the nice china clay ones at our vendors, and he wasn’t impressed. Lol. It appears there is a nice enough recess to put a label on these. I am not local so don’t plan to buy these, but could look for these in the future. I may put a set together for him since I play at his place a lot.

Or if someone has another recommendation for a very cheap set that can be labeled. He reallly only needs 400 or so chips for his cash game.
Lucky bees are probably perfect for him. These are plastic with a metal insert. 12 grams. They look good and feel decent. They stack well and sound OK. I'm doing exactly what you propose and building sets for my non-chipper sons. I'm going super cheap and doing DIY Avery labels. These chips take a 1 inch label exactly. Here's an example of one of the sets I'm doing for my son who is into Japanese Samurai.

Kelby Lineup.jpg

I bought a massive set of these from a local flea market operator. I'm building five 550 chip tournament sets. I will have over 1000 chips leftover when I finish my sets, so if you do find some, but need more of specific colors (I have a ton of red and quite a few blue) then hit me up. I plan to continue to accumulate these as I find them in the wild at low prices. (under 10 cents ea.)

If you go the DIY Avery route, let me know. There are quite a few choices of labels. The ones you want to use are called "Surface safe - white film for signs."

For what they are, I've never heard anything bad said about Nexgens. They are heavy, slugged plastics with a recess - they were meant to be labelled.

Nothing super profound, but the case alone is worth asking. Could be a decent grab for a local. Looks like 500 chips to me, not 750, so be aware.

https://longisland.craigslist.org/spo/d/brightwaters-750-poker-chip-set/7264917917.html

View attachment 618761
This is a 700 chip box
For what they are, I've never heard anything bad said about Nexgens. They are heavy, slugged plastics with a recess - they were meant to be labelled.

I had listed mine to sell here but after a bunch of lockdown nonsense and work paying me to stay home btw work now I technically can't go to ship anything lol.... At least they deliver stuff to my house.

I offered to buy this set but I do not think they want to ship the item.... I'd have paid the shipping, I don't have any green's.... I'd like 100-200 green Lucky bee's if i'm going to keep my set...... Should have bought green way back when I bought the set but for some reason I did not like the colour at the time lol.

Lucky bees are probably perfect for him. These are plastic with a metal insert. 12 grams. They look good and feel decent. They stack well and sound OK. I'm doing exactly what you propose and building sets for my non-chipper sons. I'm going super cheap and doing DIY Avery labels. These chips take a 1 inch label exactly. Here's an example of one of the sets I'm doing for my son who is into Japanese Samurai.

View attachment 619002

I bought a massive set of these from a local flea market operator. I'm building five 550 chip tournament sets. I will have over 1000 chips leftover when I finish my sets, so if you do find some, but need more of specific colors (I have a ton of red and quite a few blue) then hit me up. I plan to continue to accumulate these as I find them in the wild at low prices. (under 10 cents ea.)

If you go the DIY Avery route, let me know. There are quite a few choices of labels. The ones you want to use are called "Surface safe - white film for signs."

Thank you very much. I will be hitting you up as this sounds perfect. He has been my best friend for 45 years and recently retired from the SWAT team. I am going to get a set put together for him and surprise him as a gift.

Also plan to get a custom cabinet made for myself eventually.

Thank you very much. I will be hitting you up as this sounds perfect. He has been my best friend for 45 years and recently retired from the SWAT team. I am going to get a set put together for him and surprise him as a gift.

Also plan to get a custom cabinet made for myself eventually.
Yeah, I can save you some trouble if you're going to do DIY labels. I tried out several others before coming back to Avery. They're more expensive than some others, but worth it. Plus I bought a huge quantity to get the best price, and I will probably have some leftovers of them as well that I can sell you cheaper than the Avery price if you only buy a few hundred.

If you're talking the cabinet in my avatar, my son made that and he is a vendor here. (you probably already know that...) But shhhh... He doesn't know that I'm making him a set of chips. Thankfully, I don't think he stalks me on here. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: I will eventually share the design I came up with for him, which I think is even cooler than the Samurai ones.

I made plans last night to meet seller today, then he backed out this morning.
Ahhhh, such is Craigslist.

Said they were no longer for sale, then something about another person responded earlier but the mail went to his spam folder and didn’t see it until this morning.
I have backup dibs. :rolleyes:
thinking they re-appraised their item given the interest. even shipped to Canada with the case that would have been a nice deal

thinking they re-appraised their item given the interest. even shipped to Canada with the case that would have been a nice deal
For those chips, I think the price of $59 was fair. Here locally, I bought 1000 chips in racks and an acrylic birdcage for $50. The wooden box is certainly nicer than a birdcage, but I wouldn't pay more that $80 for the set.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom