Low Stakes PLO Hand Discussion (1 Viewer)

One of the math guys, maybe Paulo, maybe Kris spits out how much it actually is.

Lol, yep.

Action is on Jim. He mutters something about how he doesn't know if he can fold this or not. This usually means he is folding.

And lol, yep.

When he doesn't fold, he is usually left lamenting how he could miss 16 outs x 2 as he rebuys... BBFIDTB.

Or if it's like the last time I played against him, he just hits every draw, builds a monster, monster stack but somehow ends up cashing out only +$3 (only after rounding up the quarters).

Action is on @ChaosRock He goes into the tank. I can't hear exactly what he is saying. I think he mumbles something about a set of aces. I'm not really sure.

Instead of sharing what Paulo did. If he wants. I will let him take over from here? If not, I'll post his action.

B

Sure Bill!

This was my hand: :kh::ks::tc::9d: so yep, I did have the :kh:. Pre flop I raise this hand more often than not in a less call-happy table but I wanted to play flops that night. The BTN wasn't necessarily an opportunist and I was fairly confident it would either check around or I'd have position on the raiser.

Anyways, when the flop comes :ah::8h::7d: I had no illusions my KK were good, of course and I had an open ender to the nuts (minus the flush outs) plus what I thought 2 outs to top set. So I decided to take a stab to either take it down or have position and have the turn checked back to me. Only $4.

Bill calls from the SB and HJ re-pots it. I wasn't expecting this at all. I haven't played with Jim as much as you guys have but I can tell you that from about 20 times I played with him, I only remember a couple of occasion in which he c/r the flop, all with the nuts or close to the nuts. Not saying it's right or wrong, just my read. I think if he has a strong draw, he bets the flop as opposed to c/r. So I thought the had something good, maybe not AA but maybe 88+flush draw or something like that. On second thought, I probably should have folded to his re-potting. Two things changed my mind: the :kh: and the fact Bill was still in the hand with something just okay (my thought at the time). I was fairly confident he was gonna come along, giving me 3:1 immediate. I thought I had a few outs to the nuts + 2 outs to top set + a few flush out I was gonna bluff with if it was against Jim. I think it's marginal to bad call but I made it.

Even less expectedly, Bill re-pots it. I thought that move was STRONG! Maybe that's because to me, Jim is not c/r with nothing there, neither am I calling with air. Also, he was short-ish (all in) compared to Jim and I so not much more to loose with a call from either Jim or I. AND of course, I had the :kh:. I knew Bill wasn't making a move with the nut flush draw + something else. So I cut down the chance of that. I also did't think Bill would put his stack on the line with say 33 after a check raise. One more thing, I think if he had a strong draw, he is more likely to re-pot my flop bet and get more fold equity. In summary, to me, it smelt like AA. My struggle was to reconcile all his actions with AA. The limp pre, check flop, call my pot bet and then move all in after Jim's c/r. Now the question was, does he have the flush draw to go with it? So now are gone (in my mind) my KK outs, and possibly the :jh::6h:. Not to mention the action was over, so there was no Bluffing the turn with a :hearts:. So I folded. I just couldn't put Bill on anything other than at least AA, or a hand like mine with :hearts::hearts: plus a pair or an A.

I am writing this doing 3 different things at the same time, so my apologies if there's too many mistakes above.

Last edited:
The Pro™ has spoken. Good analysis, Paulo.

Did Jim show (meaning did he mumble about his holdings after his fold)?

Bill, why the hand discussion? Seems like it turned out alright... Are you wondering if you could have extracted more than $45ish you took down?

I am writing this doing 3 different things at the same time, so my apologies if there's too many mistakes above.

Dude, when I'm "Only typing responses" I have way more mistakes than you do while doing three things at once lol. As Eric said. Great analysis, which is why I wanted you to write it up vs me.

I don't believe he did.

Are you wondering if you could have extracted more than $45ish you took down?

not at all. I think I got lucky to win that much.

Seems like it turned out alright

Yep, it turned out alright. Doesn't mean I couldn't have been played it better/different?

Bill, why the hand discussion?

I thought it was an interesting hand. Or at least interesting in how I played it with my early decisions. I figured that the way I played it would be different than a lot of guys on the forum and in turn could be fun to discuss it.

B

So the check raiser folded?!? Guessing he had a week made hand and a very week draw to fold knowing he would be heads up with dead money in the pot.

A wrap can’t fold heads up, and if he holds even a single heart that helps his hand a lot. So opened straight draw or really bad flush draw with bottom 2 pair or bottom set would be the most likely holding in my estimation.

The Pro™ has spoken. Good analysis, Paulo.

Bill, why the hand discussion? Seems like it turned out alright... Are you wondering if you could have extracted more than $45ish you took down?

:ROFL: :ROFLMAO: Another jokester!!! LOL!!! Not even close to being a good player, I am.

Jim did not show his hand but told me (and maybe everyone, can't remember) he had 2-P. I personally don't care for the c/r with that particular holding on that spot, but that would be another thread in itself, LOL!

In regards to the thread, it's what Bill said. I was really, really surprised by the way he played his AA. And I really mean surprised, without making any good or bad judgement. After the hand, actually the following day, Bill and I exchanged a few PMs about the hand. The discussion was interesting enough the he said he wanted to posted a strategy thread, and I certainly agreed with him.

* Dude, we missed you the last few League tournaments. We are about to begin a new season and I really hope you can make it more often...

* Dude, we missed you the last few League tournaments. We are about to begin a new season and I really hope you can make it more often...

I've already lined up a part time job to pay for the buyins I dump to your sharks. Definitely interested, and excited to be involved from the start to give me a better shot at the leaderboard.

And I'm sitting here chuckling about what must have been the puzzled look on Paulo's face not once, but twice on that final betting round. :)

And I'm sitting here chuckling about what must have been the puzzled look on Paulo's face not once, but twice on that final betting round. :)

You know it!!!!

Yes, I was really puzzled... Bill checked his SB pre and then trapped twice on the flop (checking hoping for action and then calling the action hoping for a c/r squeeze from mid position) and Jim once... I'm starting to think that's because I was in the hand, LOL!!!

Last edited:
I thought it was an interesting hand. Or at least interesting in how I played it with my early decisions. I figured that the way I played it would be different than a lot of guys on the forum and in turn could be fun to discuss it.

I thought the flop discussion was interesting.

If you're pretty sure the bettor will be in late position, then I can see why go for the check raise. But if a player to your immediate left bet, then you probably just have to hop on the end of the limp train and shove cleanish turns. You got the right person to bet, I probably wouldn'tve been patient enough to see if there was going to be a raise somewhere that could 3-pot, but I guess that's about the best result you could hope for.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom