LouBdub's Hot Rod Set (3 Viewers)

louBdub

Full House
Reaction score
The sets put together on this site are fun, beautiful & absolutely inspiring. I truly enjoy researching and watching them come together.

One chipper in particular influenced the method I will use as I go about building my own, @FDLmold - His Rat Rod style is the only way a set can be one of a kind & impossible to duplicate.

My set parameters:
✅ Leaded
✅ THC
✅ Hot Stamps Only (*HotRod)
✅ Cali $5s…. (pray for me)

——————

Thanks for stopping by and chipping along with me on this journey. The evolution is real, keep scrolling and don’t just skip to the end ;)

Last edited:
The beginning

I immediately fell for these chips, and absolutely love the initials. If you’re my age, you know…

1659402166258.gif

8E79ECE4-17CF-44A4-8C8D-9ACF2E47EE00.jpeg

I appreciate the kind words and compliments! The beauty of a set of singles is one, there is no end to the action of acquiring chips (you can almost never have them all), and two, if somebody copies the idea, you don't much care because the new competition is not going to increase your costs that much if at all.

Let's say you want to do the typical thing and start collecting a homogeneous rack of Circus Circus $1 chips (or Pick Hobson 50c chips), one single at a time, then somebody else with deep pockets wants to do it too. Now your $3 singles are $30 singles and hopefully chips mean more to you than money. :D

My $5s have an amazing base rack. The Shadowbrook Inn chips are just legit…

So, it’s very difficult to add to them. However, I’ve found a few sneaky gems.

EC06B03E-9089-4981-B46B-93C8BE875212.jpeg

One of those gems, to me anyway, is this Atwater chip. I grew up in Merced CA, and Atwater is it’s neighbor. Castle Air Force Base was a military hub for the city of Atwater. I can only imagine the types of poker shenanigans that went down at this place with a bunch of young military dudes blowing their checks over pocket ducks :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
38236045-A2DF-4CD3-B683-3460C46BDF12.jpeg

And then we have Sac Toooooown! Ole Sacramento…. You little weirdo…. But, the chip goes hard with the Joker, so it’s in!
9E03637D-A461-45CC-9598-9783D857AA5C.jpeg

Splash so far
F519919F-E646-42B8-B40B-623008528B87.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom