Lou Malnati's - educate me (1 Viewer)

I’m a Giordanos guy but would recommend the sausage patty if you go to Lou’s. For dogs I like Gene and Jude’s but prefer portillos as sometime I’ll audible at the line and go for a Maxwell Street style polish. Some on the northwest side swear by Superdawg but I’ve lived here for almost 30 years and still haven’t been there, so I cannot attest.

I will do an Eastern swing soon enough. WoO is ok, Kyle is destroying everyone lately....but wings are for indy cars and airplanes. USAC baby...and Eldora is my favorite track to watch now. I used to go to teh Western World Championships every year until they closed Manzy in PHX. That was a big loss for race fans.
Macedo seriously put on a show last night! We get USAC twice a year and they are awesome. I love the wing but that's what we have buddy!

WCB has usually ordered Lou Malnati's on Friday. It is the best. My personal favorite of the deep dish pies, is "the Lou" with sausage, spinach, mushroom and they have a garlic butter crust and pretty chunky tomato sauce. We normally do Portillos Italian Beef sandwiches with all the fixins one day, too. Great poker food.

I'm a transplanted Chicagoan (albeit 31 years ago), and I still like thin crust pizza better, but the thick crust pizza is a thing here.

I still like thin crust pizza better

I forgive you.

I love a good deep dish pizza, and Lou's tops the list. I do like thin crust as well, but not New York style pizza. I had it once. Maybe in 100 years I'll have another slice. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

The strangest pizza I've ever had was "pizza in a bowl." It was the most casserole-like pizza I've ever had. Stainless steel bowl, toppings on the bottom, crust on top, bake, then dump it upside down on a plate (toppings up, crust down). It's like Inverse Pizza (similar to Inverse Badugi). I had it at Gino's or Uno's. Couldn't find it online, so it must not be a thing these days. That was back in the '80s.

Both New York-style and deep dish pizza are Americanized versions of Italian pizza. I'd love to try one sometime. In the meantime, I'll enjoy Lou's whenever I can.

:wow::wow::wow::wow::wow:
16324012-E4A4-4B8F-BB11-A38CABCE1457.jpeg

I’m a big fan of Lou’s. I usually get the deep dish pepperoni. I’ve had the frozen ones too. Both are tasty. They are quite filling and sometimes I find that they actually taste better as reheated leftovers. They give you instructions on how to reheat it in the oven or toaster oven.

I will do an Eastern swing soon enough. WoO is ok, Kyle is destroying everyone lately....but wings are for indy cars and airplanes. USAC baby...and Eldora is my favorite track to watch now. I used to go to teh Western World Championships every year until they closed Manzy in PHX. That was a big loss for race fans.
Wait. Manzanita closed down? I had an awesome time out there and at PIR. My only trip out to Arizona. :(

Wait. Manzanita closed down? I had an awesome time out there and at PIR. My only trip out to Arizona. :(

yeah closed maybe 10 or more years ago. Worst day in Sprint Car racing IMO. Now the closest real 1/2 mile track is at Perris, California

yeah closed maybe 10 or more years ago. Worst day in Sprint Car racing IMO. Now the closest real 1/2 mile track is at Perris, California
Now you know how long ago it was that I was racing, lol.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom