Looking to buy a tablet for online games....help me purchase (3 Viewers)

grebe

Full House
Reaction score
Poker will be it's main purpose. Anything can surf the net. I don't do other gaming, so no need for something over the top.
Needs to run:
-Bovada
-P*
-Pokerrrr2

So a tablet can't run desktop apps?

No to sound smartass, I really don't know.

So a tablet can't run desktop apps?

No to sound smartass, I really don't know.
Unless you’re going for something along the lines of a surface. I’m not even sure a Chromebook would work. Someone else may be able to verify that.

@Azcat said he runs Pokerrrr on an iPad and he bought this (Windows based) tablet for $157 to play Poker Stars.

https://www.amazon.com/RCA-Windows-Tablet-Travel-Keyboard/dp/B07GJS7BD1

I don't think he's got it yet, so I don't think he can review it, but perhaps soon.

FWIW, I have a laptop with an Android emulator, so I can run P* and Pokerrrr on the same device, but if you don't have a touch screen, the Pokerrrr app's UI is clunky. Doable, but clunky.

Last edited:
Unless you’re going for something along the lines of a surface. I’m not even sure a Chromebook would work. Someone else may be able to verify that.
I bought a surface, it will only let you download MS Store apps. NONE of the programs I mentioned work.

Wonder if P* would run on the bunkey Microsoft OS tabs / windows phones that were a thing for a while. Anyone own one that could test it for tournament compatibility?

I use a Lenovo Yoga 2 pro, a little dated but very portable and versatile. Something in that product line may fit your need while being a bit larger than your average tablet. They came in 10" and 13" when I got mine if I remember correctly.

@Azcat said he runs Pokerrrr on an iPad and he bought this (Windows based) tablet for $157 to play Poker Stars.

https://www.amazon.com/RCA-Windows-Tablet-Travel-Keyboard/dp/B07GJS7BD1

I don't think he's got it yet, so I don't think he can review it, but perhaps soon.

FWIW, I have a laptop with an Android emulator, so I can run P* and Pokerrrr on the same device, butnifbyiu don't have a touch screen, the Pokerrrr app's UI is clunky. Doable, but clunky.
I have the 10 inch version - it works the same as any laptop. If you are trying to play on a mobile platform I would not recommend it as it has windows and not a mobile platform (android or crapple).

Seems to run fine on Surface Pro 7

Annotation 2020-03-27 125908.png

Mine is an older s2. You CANNOT load anything that's not in the MS Store. Maybe a newer surface is what I need then.

Mine is an older s2. You CANNOT load anything that's not in the MS Store. Maybe a newer surface is what I need then.
Check your system setting to see what version of windows you are running - I have changed over A TON of these from Windows 10S (bad) to Windows 10 Pro (good) and it is free.

OK you need a new device - the Surface RT runs an ARM processor (like your phone) and cannot run windows 10. Your device was designed to only run microsoft signed ARM compiled .exe files. It really is a bad device (sorry for the bad news - would you rather I lie to you?)

OK you need a new device - the Surface RT runs an ARM processor (like your phone) and cannot run windows 10. Your device was designed to only run microsoft signed ARM compiled .exe files. It really is a bad device (sorry for the bad news - would you rather I lie to you?)
As the original post said, this thing is worthless for what I want. I'm looking for one device that will run all the pokers.

Sounds like I still need two

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom