Looking for someone who has LOTS of experience flattening leaded Paulson chips (2 Viewers)

Windwalker

4 of a Kind
Supporter Plus
Reaction score
I have some expensive leaded Paulson chips that are ever so slightly warped, and create a tiny, but noticeable wobble when stacked.

Is there anyone who does flattening work for a fee that is extremely experienced with this? It would be in the neighborhood of a few hundred chips.

I’m a novice chip flattener. I’ve only flattened solids and cheaper chips. I don’t think I’m the guy to take on this job.

However, I feel that it is pretty idiot proof. The only way to screw it up is too high of temp that will over heat the clay and ruin the chips. If the chips aren’t getting flat enough, keep trying.

That’s my rudimental advice.

Are we still recommending that each clay chip be placed between ceramic blanks? Or is that antiquated now?

I use ceramics but I was thinking it's not necessary but maybe they keep each clay chip from bonding to each other. Not sure.

I use ceramics but I was thinking it's not necessary but maybe they keep each clay chip from bonding to each other. Not sure.
They also help to avoid impressing a chip indention into adjacent chips.

Did you mean something like: it’ll cost 1 Binions to flatten a different Binions? 1:1?

That may exceed the current charge/valuation, but yeah, something along those lines. Didn't Jim pay his Chip Room laborers with HSIs?

my services are not for sale.

Of course! Just because you do something for yourself, doesn’t mean you’d want to charge out for others, makes sense. This is your passion, not vocation.

Even @Windwalker couldn't afford what I'd charge

Oh, so your services ARE for sale, they’re just astronomically expensive / exclusive. Got it.

$500 per rack is what I would charge.

:tdown: So there’s a rate card? Hey, I have some monies. :)

But all good! A friend offered to help me with them after seeing this post. Loved your post on the makeshift oven using the hairdryer. Very inventive.

Last edited:
Of course! Just because you do something for yourself, doesn’t mean you’d want to charge out for others, makes sense. This is your passion, not vocation.

Oh, so your services ARE for sale, they’re just astronomically expensive / exclusive. Got it.

:tdown: So there’s a rate card? Hey, I have some monies. :)

But all good! A friend offered to help me with them after seeing this post. Loved your post on the makeshift oven using the hairdryer. Very inventive.

Light bulbs inside a cooler is the way to go these days. It's what all the cool kids are doing :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom