Looking for seating chips. (1 Viewer)

Waynejr83

High Hand
Reaction score
I have come across some basic seating chips for tournaments but haven't had much luck finding anything that peaked my interest. Anyone have any places to look for them? Thanks

abcgiftsandawards.com

They'll print your custom design on the back.

Last edited:
abcgiftsandawards.com
oldwestpokersupplies.com

They'll print your custom design on the back.

AFAIK, @OldWestPokerSupplies doesn't do custom seating chips, because the setup costs are too high. The suits and heraldic sets needed 25 sets of 10 per design to be ordered for the group buy. Unless there are some left in stock, you may be out of luck with ceramics. Labels might be a good option. You might also have some luck on the secondary market.

AFAIK, @OldWestPokerSupplies doesn't do custom seating chips, because the setup costs are too high. The suits and heraldic sets needed 25 sets of 10 per design to be ordered for the group buy. Unless there are some left in stock, you may be out of luck with ceramics. Labels might be a good option. You might also have some luck on the secondary market.

Ahh, thanks for the correction, wasn't sure with them and that GB.

@Gear will print small amounts of custom labels, which is great for seating chip options. He may even have generic seating chip artwork on hand. Worth a shout-out, if considering using labeled chips vs ceramics. Perfect for dual-use bounty/seating chips.

I have multiple sets of seating chips for up to 50 players. I made them myself. For some sets, I used dice chips, but without a recessed area, those aren't quite as good. However, for the limited purpose of determining seating, they work fine. For two sets, I used blank NexGen Pros (yellow and blue blanks). They work great because they do have a recessed area. I made my own labels -- using round labels that fit in the recess that I printed myself. I used this format -- printing "Table X, Seat Y" on a chip. In some sets I used 0-9 and in others I have 2 labeled "Table X, Dealer 1 (or 2)" on 2 chips, and the rest numbered 1-8. Cheap, easy to make, and get the job done.

Thanks to a suggestion from BG, I randomly order the chips. If I have 17 players, I'll have 9 chips each for 2 tables. One chips will be randomly removed from each stack. Players draw a chip, with 1 chips being left over. One table will get 9 players (with a randomly chosen blank seat) and the other 8 (with 2 randomly chose blank seats). Then if another player shows up, he takes the remaining chip, and subsequent players (I'm assuming there would be no more than 3) will take the empty seats in an order I randomly chose before the game began.

When we go to the final table, seats are randomly drawn again using the same method (except usually our FT is full so there are no empty seats).

I'm pretty sure there are some commercially available seating chips.

I do like that when we need a bounty chip, the seating chip can double as a bounty chip. For most of our bounty tournaments, we don't use bounty chips since they can't be divided if 2 or 3 players tie to KO a player. But they can double as bounty chips if you have some way to resolve that issue.

Here are some ideas I've used or heard of:
  1. I've also used a deck of cards -- A-10 of suits with a different suit for each table. That works for up to 40, is cheap, and very easy to shuffle.
  2. Blank business cards with Table and Seat on 1 side, face down on the table. I've even seen some use laminated cards. I tried this once. One player put a card in his pocket and took it home. I abandoned it because the card was lost the first night. He brought it back 2 months later when he showed up again. Thanks!
  3. Bingo balls -- 1-10; 11-20; etc.
I didn't personally see much point in spending much on seating chips because their use is so limited. I did spend money on custom dealer buttons and plaques, but they are used through the entire game. However, some like to have their chips, dealer buttons, and seating chips as part of a matching set, and maybe other buttons too. I personally would try one of the cheap methods first. Try it a few times, and if it either doesn't work or you find you just have to have custom seating chips, then go spend the money.

I have multiple sets of seating chips for up to 50 players. I made them myself. For some sets, I used dice chips, but without a recessed area, those aren't quite as good. However, for the limited purpose of determining seating, they work fine. For two sets, I used blank NexGen Pros (yellow and blue blanks). They work great because they do have a recessed area. I made my own labels -- using round labels that fit in the recess that I printed myself. I used this format -- printing "Table X, Seat Y" on a chip. In some sets I used 0-9 and in others I have 2 labeled "Table X, Dealer 1 (or 2)" on 2 chips, and the rest numbered 1-8. Cheap, easy to make, and get the job done.

Thanks to a suggestion from BG, I randomly order the chips. If I have 17 players, I'll have 9 chips each for 2 tables. One chips will be randomly removed from each stack. Players draw a chip, with 1 chips being left over. One table will get 9 players (with a randomly chosen blank seat) and the other 8 (with 2 randomly chose blank seats). Then if another player shows up, he takes the remaining chip, and subsequent players (I'm assuming there would be no more than 3) will take the empty seats in an order I randomly chose before the game began.

When we go to the final table, seats are randomly drawn again using the same method (except usually our FT is full so there are no empty seats).

I'm pretty sure there are some commercially available seating chips.

I do like that when we need a bounty chip, the seating chip can double as a bounty chip. For most of our bounty tournaments, we don't use bounty chips since they can't be divided if 2 or 3 players tie to KO a player. But they can double as bounty chips if you have some way to resolve that issue.

Here are some ideas I've used or heard of:
  1. I've also used a deck of cards -- A-10 of suits with a different suit for each table. That works for up to 40, is cheap, and very easy to shuffle.
  2. Blank business cards with Table and Seat on 1 side, face down on the table. I've even seen some use laminated cards. I tried this once. One player put a card in his pocket and took it home. I abandoned it because the card was lost the first night. He brought it back 2 months later when he showed up again. Thanks!
  3. Bingo balls -- 1-10; 11-20; etc.
I didn't personally see much point in spending much on seating chips because their use is so limited. I did spend money on custom dealer buttons and plaques, but they are used through the entire game. However, some like to have their chips, dealer buttons, and seating chips as part of a matching set, and maybe other buttons too. I personally would try one of the cheap methods first. Try it a few times, and if it either doesn't work or you find you just have to have custom seating chips, then go spend the money.

Great advice!! Thanks for the tips! I like a lot of the custom dealer buttons and definitely wanna pick up a couple of them. How expensive are they if I come up with my own custom logo?

Great advice!! Thanks for the tips! I like a lot of the custom dealer buttons and definitely wanna pick up a couple of them. How expensive are they if I come up with my own custom logo?

Buttons are cheap (under $5). You can't order just one though (5-10, minimum), so make sure your logo is cool enough to sell a few (not hard to do at all).

Also pill bottles, as used in pool halls. Actually, I often use the wooden pills, but instead of the leather pill bottle, use a long-neck beer can, which works great and adds a satisfying rattle.

Wayne, I had ABC Gift & Awards do some for me. I think they were between $6 and $10 each. I've also done some plaques through PGI -- $10-15 each. They have different sizes and I've used two different sizes. Both of those companies will make small numbers. I didn't plan to get any to sell, but I like that idea. In my case, I got them to match chips. Ken Scott did the artwork, and on some, he included it with the chips. On another set, I had him do just those after I did the chips. It wasn't a lot -- $30-40 and I got several different ones, and he let's you alter them some -- worked with me to get what I really wanted. Those are the people I've worked with. I've heard a lot of good things about some others. While not really expensive, $3-5 for a plan DEALER button is much cheaper, and there are commercial ones that are pretty nice for less than custom, but of course, they aren't custom.

Since no one has mentioned it: Some of the free on-line poker tournament management packages also handle random seating. As he pays, you enter the name of each player, and the sw tells you which table and seat.

Yeah, but that's not nearly as baller as these........

tj_thp_sp1b.jpg

AD7FFCF2-E647-4820-AB10-33D338E1ACE7.jpg

I have been using these with great success. Just remove 10-K for each suit (leaving A-9), assign a suit to each of your tables, and toss them in a bag. Let your players pick a domino as they arrive. The suit and number will assign them their table and seat.

New sets available here... http://www.amazon.com/Puremco-55112...d=1460497266&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=cardominos

Looks like you can even get these customized: http://www.customdominoes.com/mpc9

Or if you need to handle 6 tables, this might be an option (not customized and tiles look a little smaller): https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/806359/enders-comprehensive-pictorial-overview-true-multi

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom