Looking for poker table (2 Viewers)

Never used one, but from the looks of it, it seems really thin. Ad says "heavy duty 1" thick wood table" but I'd assume that 1" is not heavy duty. Rails look pretty thin as well and might not be too comfortable. Not sure about the felt, but there may be no foam between the felt and the wood which is not great for poker.

If you’re somewhat handy, or have a friend who is, you could build one yourself for that cost and use much better materials. There are quite a few build threads on the forum and a lot of helpful, knowledgeable people to get you through it if you decide to go that route.

Thank you for the input. That is an option. I am going to sort through the forum to find some build ideas and also check youtube. Thank you for the input so far

What's your budget? That would help to provide suggestions.

It does seem like the prices of tables has gone up. I was originally looking at $800-$1000 but found a few cheaper options that caught my eye.

I have decided to try to build my own following along with a YouTube video. Cost appears to be about $400 for materials. Wood, cloth, padding, folding legs. I will post a picture when completed.

I've decided to make my own table following a YouTube video and reading these forums.

Pine plywood $65/sheets

So I went with oak, $70/sheet

Here is my progress so far

20210520_210734.jpg

Can anybody tell me if I will need to brace the table to avoid sagging in the middle. The kid at lowes guarantee it will sag after 6 months if I don't brace.

The problem is that I don't know anything about woodworking. The man in the youtube video appears to have a smaller oval cutout under the table top....is this what he is using to brace the table and give it extra support?

Following this thread with interest. Please keep us updated!

you should be using 2 pieces of plywood.

the piece you used to cut the rail from you screw into the bottom of the other piece, this acts as your brace. my table is made from two pieces of 3/4 inch maple plywood and is 12 years old and does not sag.

game1-5.jpg

That is exactly what I did tobrace! What a relief.

Just finished up with the top. Going to decide later to attach legs. The wine color rail doesn't look as cool as I imagined but overall. not bad for a first timer!

Thanks for your input!

Attachments

• 16219907969926413773192350904180.jpg
    16219907969926413773192350904180.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 67
that looks great.

if you are leaving it up use a pedestal base.

if you are like me and need to take it up and down get a good set of folding legs

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom