Looking for Plastic non-standard faces.... (1 Viewer)

TriLam

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I have been searching for decks of cards with non-standard (but classy) faces/artwork and am coming up pretty empty. I know about the Faded Spades (which I may try) but cant find much else. The Desjgn cards are too "standard" for what I am after. Could be modern or vintage looking, but want a plastic deck thatt can withstand our games. I see some paper options, but not plastic. To give you an idea of something I would be interested in...

card1.jpg
russian-standard-pack-reprint.jpg

Green Party Poker by Cartamundi (they lose paint on the back quite fast)
Grimaud VDR jumbo (if you like a bit of baccarat flavor)
Desjgn
Faded Spade (despite critical opinions on stiffness and durability issues the face cards design are awesome )

I have been searching for decks of cards with non-standard (but classy) faces/artwork and am coming up pretty empty. I know about the Faded Spades (which I may try) but cant find much else. The Desjgn cards are too "standard" for what I am after. Could be modern or vintage looking, but want a plastic deck thatt can withstand our games. I see some paper options, but not plastic. To give you an idea of something I would be interested in...

View attachment 729141 View attachment 729142
What card is this that Queens is A ? Whereas Jacks is B ?

I was going to just write "Modiano", but figured I'd check. I have no idea. It is written nowhere on the pack or the Ace of Spades.

It is burned into my brain as correct, however. Some searching tomorrow, I think.
Show photo of Ace of spade

I bought these over ten years ago from @warewulf , I think. Always thought they were Modiano. Now, I'm going with Fournier.

Attachments

• 20210820_184526.jpg
    20210820_184526.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 102
  • 20210820_184447.jpg
    20210820_184447.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 92
  • 20210820_184509.jpg
    20210820_184509.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 98
I bought these over ten years ago from @warewulf , I think. Always thought they were Modiano. Now, I'm going with Fournier.
Can you show the back. I had identical looking deck (meaning Ace of Spades) but made by Cartamundi.
Definitely not Fournier quality.
Possible Partypoker order few runs with different producers.

I am pretty sure that's the same I had.
Despite low quality I like indexes on them. Not a jumbo but much bigger than standard.

You mentioned Faded Spade. Yes they look semi-cool, but they are prone to chipping in the long run. Also if you find a defective card, you have to play 20 questions to get a replacement. Not a fan.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom