Looking for NCAA Basketball tourney bracket pool help (3 Viewers)

Chicken Rob

Full House
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I thought I would crowd source this. There are 2 ways of scoring bracket pools that I am aware of.

The gist of them are as follows:
Method 1: In round 1 (and possibly round 2), you get a point for the win, and number of points based on the seed of the team chosen.
Method 2: In round 1 (and possibly round 2), if the underdog wins, and you have chosen the underdog, you score 1 for the win, and the number of points for the seed (or seed differential between winner and loser) but only 1 point total if you chose the favorite, regardless of seed.

I am looking to play in any real money bracket pools that score the brackets based on method 2. If anyone knows of any, and they are run by reputable people that you can vouch for, and they will take my action, please let me know. Also, if anyone knows of other alternate scoring methods in a reputable pool that I can play in, let me know what the rules are and how to get involved.

Thanks for any help on this!

The only ones I've seen are when Round 1 correct picks count for 1 point, Round 2 correct picks are 2 points, Round 3 correct picks are 4 points, etc, etc. I'm in a pool that has been active for 15 years (I helped start it with a friend of mine) and it's 100% reliably well-run. $25 entries, enter unlimited times, typically get 120-150 entrants. Track all progress after the day's events on the web, payouts 1 week after national championship (winner usually gets ~$2K, pays top 3)

I've never heard of a pool that uses the scoring in Method #2. It'd probably be correct to pick all the 9, 10, 11, 12, and 13 seeds and at least a couple of the 14 seeds, and completely skip the 15 and 16 seeds.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom