Looking for interest in a regular monthly home game near Seattle, WA

Zippity

Two Pair
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking to either join or host a monthly home game in and around the Seattle area. I technically live further north (near Lynnwood/Edmonds) and if there's no existing home game around me, I don't mind hosting one.

While I'm more into tournament poker than I am into cash games, I down for either.

Please let me know who's interested in this :)

Cheers,

Jon/Zippity.

Zippity

Two Pair
Reaction score
Nice! I already have a semi-regular crew at 6-8 people, but due to my recent move people who have been commuting from way south such as Kent and Federal Way, for obvious reasons, can't/won't make the trip anymore. So we're stuck usually at around 5 peeps and need more souls to play with.

12thMan

Full House
Reaction score
I like to play a couple times a week and I usually run up to Tulalip to play. I do own a small business though, plus home life stuff sometimes makes me skip weeks playing. No biggie because I love my family, but still wish I could play more. I've got a buddy that is almost always down, but other than that our close circle of friends are very hit or miss to get a game going.

Racer96

Flush
Reaction score
If the game happens to be on a Saturday, there's a non zero chance that I could make it down occasionally.

Mike

Zippity

Two Pair
Reaction score
Ok, so I'm opening my doors to any chippers here who are interested in a small poker tournament in Edmonds. We're mostly casual (buy in is $30 of which $5 is bounty) and we start with T15k stacks. I will be providing BBQ and such. The date/time will be Saturday, August 22nd at 5PM through 10PM or so.

I live in a townhouse, so its a smaller space than usual, but by no means uncomfortable. In lieu of a dining table, my wife and I agreed on a folding poker table instead haha.

If you're interested, let me know. I already have a group of 5-6 players, so I'm looking to fill up some more spots.

Joe Harris

Straight
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm involved in a fairly regular home game in Bellingham. It's usually Thursday nights. Tends to be a cash game with .25-.25 blinds and no min on raises. Usually has 8 players or so. Let me know if interested.

I'm afraid I don't make it down to Seattle often enough to commit, but any local games north of Marysville can count me as interested.

liftapint

Royal Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't make that game, but I would be interested later in the fall. Thanks Zip. Maybe I could host a game one of these days too. My chips almost never see felt, unfortunately!

Racer96

Flush
Reaction score
I'm involved in a fairly regular home game in Bellingham. It's usually Thursday nights. Tends to be a cash game with .25-.25 blinds and no min on raises. Usually has 8 players or so. Let me know if interested.

I'm afraid I don't make it down to Seattle often enough to commit, but any local games north of Marysville can count me as interested.
Where in Bellingham, and what time on Thursday nights? Is it strictly holdem or are other games played? More details please!

Can't make that game, but I would be interested later in the fall. Thanks Zip. Maybe I could host a game one of these days too. My chips almost never see felt, unfortunately!
That's criminal. When I come down, you need to schedule a game. I'm a good donor.

Mike

Zippity

Two Pair
Reaction score

Yeah. Count me in when you do :) You have a very impressive collection. I'm sure I'll host more games in the future as well :)

Definitely interested but time and distance is a factor as that is in the middle of my work week and its about 1.5 hours away from me, give or take.

Joe Harris

Straight
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where in Bellingham, and what time on Thursday nights? Is it strictly holdem or are other games played? More details please!

The host can vary, this week its near Woburn & E Sunset Dr. I'd prefer to give out other details via PM. The group seems mildly interested in other games and we've talked about it a bit, but so far it's Hold 'em at .25-.25 with frequent straddles. I'm a fairly recent addition to the game though, maybe they've done a tournament or some PLO or something in the past.

Definitely interested but time and distance is a factor as that is in the middle of my work week and its about 1.5 hours away from me, give or take.
Understandable. Teleportation technology will revolutionize the home game scene.

T_Chan

Full House
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Ok, so I'm opening my doors to any chippers here who are interested in a small poker tournament in Edmonds. We're mostly casual (buy in is $30 of which $5 is bounty) and we start with T15k stacks. I will be providing BBQ and such. The date/time will be Saturday, August 22nd at 5PM through 10PM or so.

I live in a townhouse, so its a smaller space than usual, but by no means uncomfortable. In lieu of a dining table, my wife and I agreed on a folding poker table instead haha.

If you're interested, let me know. I already have a group of 5-6 players, so I'm looking to fill up some more spots.

You have captured my interest. So far I'm free that day, I might make the trek over the border. It would be great to meet you and other chippers as well as get a chance to see your space for your furniture upgrade.

Zippity

Two Pair
Reaction score
You have captured my interest. So far I'm free that day, I might make the trek over the border. It would be great to meet you and other chippers as well as get a chance to see your space for your furniture upgrade.

Oh! So excited! Let me know when we get closer to the date and I'll PM you an address. I'll upgrade the bbq fare in your honor. :p

Joe Harris

Straight
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I won't be able to commit regularly, but it has been years since I played a tournament. If you find that you need another player, count me in.

what time on Thursday nights?
This week it's 7:30-12:30.

Joe Harris

Straight
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know it's short notice but the game in Bellingham tonight starts at 7 and it's gonna be a Pot limit hold'em/Omaha mixed game. I'll warn you though, the chips we're using are crap.

tommythecat

Flush
Reaction score
Man if they figure out teleportation my wife will divorce me for sure when I start hosting or playing in five games a week
5 games a week? You are thinking too small. "Afternoon" game in Australia..."evening" game somewhere in the states. Gotta work those time zones in your favor. ;) Not to mention you can take a 10 minute break here, a half hour there, and teleport back home for family time. They will hardly know you're gone. ;)

Zippity

Two Pair
Reaction score
Ok, just shooting an update that this game is still happening 8/22/15 (Saturday) at 5PM. $30 NLHE. BBQ will be provided.

Currently we have 7 confirmed, 1 tentative but very likely. Table can seat 8-10 (but gets squishy at 10).

If you want to join in and meet up, please PM me, it'll be a pleasure to get to know some of you in person. No worries if you can't make this game, I'll be hosting another one next month. Though it might be in Renton instead of Edmonds.

Racer96

Flush
Reaction score
Can't make it to this one, have family commitments, but please do keep posting. I'd love to come down some time.

Mike

Redbelly

Straight
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, just shooting an update that this game is still happening 8/22/15 (Saturday) at 5PM. $30 NLHE. BBQ will be provided.

Currently we have 7 confirmed, 1 tentative but very likely. Table can seat 8-10 (but gets squishy at 10).

If you want to join in and meet up, please PM me, it'll be a pleasure to get to know some of you in person. No worries if you can't make this game, I'll be hosting another one next month. Though it might be in Renton instead of Edmonds.
Plz PM me details... It's my birthday! (21st.,, close enough!)

Zippity

Two Pair
Reaction score
Plz PM me details... It's my birthday! (21st.,, close enough!)

Whoa. I don't know if my tiny town home can compare to the glory of your poker room. But PMs incoming! (PS, I thought you moved to Colorado?)

Second PS: It's so awesome that Redbelly is visiting my house!!

Redbelly

Straight
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whoa. I don't know if my tiny town home can compare to the glory of your poker room. But PMs incoming! (PS, I thought you moved to Colorado?)

Second PS: It's so awesome that Redbelly is visiting my house!!

Colorado in 24 months... but who's counting![emoji41]

(and my poker room has been reduced to a half dozen boxes so your poker room will be awesome compared to mine.)

Zippity

Two Pair
Reaction score
Colorado in 24 months... but who's counting![emoji41]

(and my poker room has been reduced to a half dozen boxes so your poker room will be awesome compared to mine.)

Ha. Well, my "poker" room is just my dining room with a fold-able ten-man poker table in it. Can't wait to move to have a room dedicated just for it. I will have a chanman table soon, and we'll be playing with Zens (not sure if that's a positive for some people), but I'll be enjoying it at least :p

UTGPoker

Pair
Reaction score
Hey guys.

First post on the site, but I am in the Seattle area, and I host a seasonal tournament series with Bi-Weekly Games, and I am working on building a cash game side schedule as well. We play up to 2 full tables, and already have 20+ players, but always looking for additions to fill the roster.

I am also interested in swinging by some other cash games / tournaments when I am available.

Zippity

Two Pair
Reaction score
Hey guys.

First post on the site, but I am in the Seattle area, and I host a seasonal tournament series with Bi-Weekly Games, and I am working on building a cash game side schedule as well. We play up to 2 full tables, and already have 20+ players, but always looking for additions to fill the roster.

I am also interested in swinging by some other cash games / tournaments when I am available.

Depending on when the games are and the buy in, sign me up! Post or PM me details?

Top Bottom